SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Dustineering
Dustineering is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Wheel Spacers

I've been thinking about this for a little while. I ended up looking over my friends Golf with em on and love the wide stance they make it have; so I made up my mind with wanting some. I want the wheels to be flush with the edge of the fenders. I measured and got approx 10mm front and 13mm rear. Does that seem right? There's snow on the ground and its freezing outside, so I kind of rushed it. Any feedback or comparisons would be appreciated.

2008 Arctic White Astra 3-Door XR
-Killed On Impact

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dustineering's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dustineering reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dustineering is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
AlexM90
AlexM90 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: Wheel Spacers

The spacers would look pretty cool but only if your planning on putting in some lowering springs and adding camber. That would look sick I haven't seen any astra's with a nice stance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlexM90's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlexM90 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlexM90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
bob15468
bob15468 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wheel Spacers

I've been thinking about this as well. I just haven't gone so far as to looking for them or even measuring...

2008 Saturn Astra XR 3 DR black 5Spd
K&N Apollo
B&G Lowering Springs
Dbilas Flowtec Intake Manifold---coming soon
Koni Yellow Shocks and struts---coming soon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bob15468's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bob15468 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bob15468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
ilvtofu
ilvtofu is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

What wheels do you have?
I have a set of 17x8 et 32 and I still want a lot more wide, the front more so than the rear.

If you are interested I can sell you my eibach 15mm pro kits for cheap, I'm slapping some 8mms on and my car is on wobble bolts so I can't use them. The pro kit comes with extended bolts which you'll need for going with that thick of a spacer.

My current wheels stick out an extra 20mm from my stock 17" wheels and I'm still not 100% happy with how flush they are. That being said the astra's camber doesn't change when the rear compresses so you might not want to run too agressive.

car sans spacer, I'm going to do 8mm in the front, and maybe 5mm in the rear

For the astra since it uses bolts you have to get hubcentric ones or it'll be a PITA to get them on and it's safer that way too.

I should be getting 8mm's next week so I'll definitely post pics. But if you're running stock wheels, a 10mm is not going to cut it if you want dubber fitment.

That being said I put my 17x8 et 32 on a mkv gti yesterday and they poke quite a bit, sticks out I'd say somewhere between 5-10 mm. the astra can take a much wider wheel than the golfs. If you were thinking of getting some new wheels and really love the wide stance, I'd go with some 8.5" mercedes wheels with wobble bolts

Eibach 15mm 5x110 hubcentric spacers with bolts PM is key!

Twilight Blue XR 3 Door

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ilvtofu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ilvtofu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #5
802astraXr
802astraXr is on a distinguished road

Where are the pics! I've got coilovers coming, and I am contemplating wheel spacers.

2008 red astra xr:
FK coilovers, Opel Grille, VXR intake,HIDs,LEDs everywhere,12" sub,shorty antenna, hard wired xm radio.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 802astraXr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 802astraXr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
802astraXr is offline   Reply With Quote