SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 05-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
Smokey
Smokey will become famous soon enough

Default 2003 VUE Reliability

Father in law has a 2003 VUE (V6 engine) with less than 40K miles on it. He has been struggling with Alzheimerís (he is not allowed to drive) for several years and the car has been in his garage. I go over once a week start it up and drive it around a bit. He has finally agreed to sell it and my sons girlfriend has said she might be interested in purchasing. My only concern is with the Opel sourced V6 and how reliable they have been. Canít imagine they are easy to work on or get parts.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
JefferyC
JefferyC is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 VUE Reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Father in law has a 2003 VUE (V6 engine) with less than 40K miles on it. He has been struggling with Alzheimerís (he is not allowed to drive) for several years and the car has been in his garage. I go over once a week start it up and drive it around a bit. He has finally agreed to sell it and my sons girlfriend has said she might be interested in purchasing. My only concern is with the Opel sourced V6 and how reliable they have been. Canít imagine they are easy to work on or get parts.
Hello Smokey- I am no expert but search around with issues with 3.0 V6 and the VTI transmission. Lots of info on the site.
JefferyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nice

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyC View Post
Hello Smokey- I am no expert but search around with issues with 3.0 V6 and the VTI transmission. Lots of info on the site.
The 3.0 is the Saab based power plant. The only problems with this engine are oil cooler leaks that have to have the intake removed.

The VTi is only equipped on the 4 cylinder models.

If itís decent shape, I wouldnít hesitate to get it. The back cylinder head can be a paint to changed plugs but thatís probably the extent of the trouble.
Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

With those low miles and assuming it's in nice shape, I would put it on Ebay or even Bring A Trailer. I can see someone paying $4,000 or $5,000 or more for it.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

Pops has owned it for 17 years? Based on time itís due for a timing belt. The intake is lifted to reach the plugs. The rear plugs are not harder to reach vs front plugs. Unless you think bending over a bit more is hard?
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote