SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 04-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #1
radtek
radtek is a jewel in the roughradtek is a jewel in the roughradtek is a jewel in the rough

Default 04 Ion 3 valve body cover

My granddaughters 04 Ion is back again this time with Transmission problems. It has reverse but only 5th or 4th gear and 2500 tops on rpm. I read the codes indicated all the shift solenoids and and the SLT. First off I drained the fluid thought I accidentally pulled the oil pan plug but no it was that dirty! I went and drained it refilled with ATF 0T4 cleared the codes and test drove still only have High gear but only shows one code now Shift Solenoid A. I want to change all the solenoids and I can do the replacement myself but being old and stoved up a bit I am wondering can I remove the valve body cover to get to the solenoids without having to dismantle half the front end to do it? I did a search here and and found a guy did his 06 but sounded like it was a bear to get it out. I am hoping the 04 is not as involved does anyone have experience doing this on an 2004 Ion?
radtek is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
radtek
radtek is a jewel in the roughradtek is a jewel in the roughradtek is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: 04 Ion 3 valve body cover

Guess I will answer my own question..lol.. on the 2004 Ion 5 spd automatic you can access the the valve body cover. After removing the driver side tire and a few inside fender panels you then can remove it if you use a good assortment of colorful language. I changed out all the (5) Shift Solenoids and the 3 Linear Solenoids, did the relearn procedure and we have all 5 gears now....granddaughter is happy again.
radtek is offline   Reply With Quote