SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 09-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Crazy Diamonds
Crazy Diamonds is on a distinguished road

Default Newbie here. Radio and Amp problem

Hi everyone, just bought a 2004 Vue and I know I'm kicking a dead horse now with this question seeing the previous posts on this. But at a loss here with my Vue. I bought a 2 din radio with a factory tie in connecter for the aftermarket radio and I hooked up all the colors with the radio wire ends (helps when they list what each wire goes to), all I did was match up the "A" and "B" terminals to the corresponding aftermarket radio wires. Did a great job with heat shrink tubing also. put the unit in the Dash, turned the key and no sound. The radio turns on and shows correct time and the backup camera works.

My issue is the amp. when I bought the Vue the rear door speakers did not produce sound and I read a thread here it might be the amp. Now all 4 doors have no sound/ the rear large speaker in the cargo area does not work either.

I want to bypass the amp but cant find the correct schematic or and help wiring a bypass with the speaker wires.

Here what racks my noodle, the plug for the factory radio has 2 plugs
the one I'm concerned with is the 12 pin connecter marked "A" and "B".
The issue is the colors, my factory "A-1" is white w/black stripe for the LF speaker (-) and the "A-2' is white for the LF speaker (+).and all the schematics here and on the web is totally different.
the schematics here and on the web list "A-1' as grey for the LF (-) and "A-2"
as tan LF(+).

I look at the 2003 Vue schematics and really got nowhere/could not find it.
This is my factory wires and connector for this vue of mine.

A1 white/black stripe LF-
A2 white LF+
A3 purple/black stripe RR-
A4 Purple RR+
A5 green/black stripe LR-
A6 green LR+
A7 grey/black RF-
A8 grey RF+
A9-A10 not used
A11 black -ground- use on Ion
A12 black -ground-

B1 yellow constant 12v +
B2 yellow constant 12v + Ion only
B3-B4-B5 not used
B6 blue/white stripe amp turn on
B7 orange/white stripe dimmer
B8 orange illumination (+)
B9not used
B10 GMLAN date
B11 accessory 12v +
B12 not used

I need help on bypassing the amp/got to start with the correct schematic, the 2 connectors to the amp don't match up with any of the dash/radio wire colors/ I need the 2 connectors schematics to the amp or should I give up and run new wires to all the speakers.

Note : maybe I should hook up B6 /amp turn on but dont know the pos+ wire color and remember my rear speakers had no sound with the amp. Thanks for your inputs !

Last edited by Crazy Diamonds; 09-27-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Crazy Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2020, 12:57 AM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Newbie here. Radio and Amp problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Diamonds View Post
Hi everyone, just bought a 2004 Vue and I know I'm kicking a dead horse now with this question seeing the previous posts on this. But at a loss here with my Vue. I bought a 2 din radio with a factory tie in connecter for the aftermarket radio and I hooked up all the colors with the radio wire ends (helps when they list what each wire goes to), all I did was match up the "A" and "B" terminals to the corresponding aftermarket radio wires. Did a great job with heat shrink tubing also. put the unit in the Dash, turned the key and no sound. The radio turns on and shows correct time and the backup camera works.

My issue is the amp. when I bought the Vue the rear door speakers did not produce sound and I read a thread here it might be the amp. Now all 4 doors have no sound/ the rear large speaker in the cargo area does not work either.

I want to bypass the amp but cant find the correct schematic or and help wiring a bypass with the speaker wires.

Here what racks my noodle, the plug for the factory radio has 2 plugs
the one I'm concerned with is the 12 pin connecter marked "A" and "B".
The issue is the colors, my factory "A-1" is white w/black stripe for the LF speaker (-) and the "A-2' is white for the LF speaker (+).and all the schematics here and on the web is totally different.
the schematics here and on the web list "A-1' as grey for the LF (-) and "A-2"
as tan LF(+).

I look at the 2003 Vue schematics and really got nowhere/could not find it.
This is my factory wires and connector for this vue of mine.

A1 white/black stripe LF-
A2 white LF+
A3 purple/black stripe RR-
A4 Purple RR+
A5 green/black stripe LR-
A6 green LR+
A7 grey/black RF-
A8 grey RF+
A9-A10 not used
A11 black -ground- use on Ion
A12 black -ground-

B1 yellow constant 12v +
B2 yellow constant 12v + Ion only
B3-B4-B5 not used
B6 blue/white stripe amp turn on
B7 orange/white stripe dimmer
B8 orange illumination (+)
B9not used
B10 GMLAN date
B11 accessory 12v +
B12 not used

I need help on bypassing the amp/got to start with the correct schematic, the 2 connectors to the amp don't match up with any of the dash/radio wire colors/ I need the 2 connectors schematics to the amp or should I give up and run new wires to all the speakers.

Note : maybe I should hook up B6 /amp turn on but dont know the pos+ wire color and remember my rear speakers had no sound with the amp. Thanks for your inputs !
You need to confirm whether or not the speakers that weren't working are blown.

If any speakers were working at all before replacing the radio, the factory amp is probably fine. I'd fix the radio connections and see how it sounds. I would only bypass the factory amp as a last resort. When the factory amp fails, they usually stop working altogether. They typically don't just stop working for a couple speakers.

With the exception of a few select models from Alpine and Sony, the internal amps of head units haven't changed much in 20 years. Most still use some form of a MOSFET chip amp that was first used in the late 1990s by Pioneer. The output of the factory amp is still much better than that of a typical modern radio.

You are correct that the new radio's remote/amp turn on wire needs to be connected to B6 for the factory amp to turn on.

The 2002-2003 Vue's radio wiring is different than the 2004-2005 Vue. They both use a similar color scheme for the wires, but the plugs and locations of the wires within the plugs are different.

Here are the correct diagrams you need (for 2004-2005 Vue w/AAS).

RADIO
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...3&d=1296986523

AMPLIFIER
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...8&d=1284209773
2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 197K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 56K miles

Last edited by ruley73; 09-28-2020 at 01:09 AM.
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:07 AM   #3
Crazy Diamonds

I'm going to hook up the B6 (amp power) and see if the front speakers work again. Rain is now forecast for the next 3 days looks like a weekend project.
will let you know . Thanks for the answer.

"Shine on"....
Old 10-04-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Crazy Diamonds

Ok , hooked up amp and turn on the radio and all front and rear speakers work. The factory radio must had a bad channel ? hench there was no rear speakers working. Now to the rear woofer, thats not working or the woofer is not there.
Piece of cake from here on out . Thanks again
Old 10-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #5
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride is a jewel in the roughSL2 Ride is a jewel in the roughSL2 Ride is a jewel in the roughSL2 Ride is a jewel in the rough

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Diamonds View Post
Ok , hooked up amp and turn on the radio and all front and rear speakers work. The factory radio must had a bad channel ? hench there was no rear speakers working. Now to the rear woofer, thats not working or the woofer is not there.
Piece of cake from here on out . Thanks again
Good to see, thanks for updating the thread.
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote