SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
99WhiteC5Coupe
99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough

Default Seat Cushion COVER Replacement - Help.

2006 Saturn Vue FWD V-6 with manual, non-heated seats:

The vinyl on the driver' seat bottom cover has torn and I have ordered a new cover from a GM dealer. The cover is fabric with vinyl side panels.

Has anyone removed the existing cover from the seat and replaced it with a factory correct part? Any suggestions? Any tips?

I tried the search function but did not find any information. Thank you.
99WhiteC5Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Seat Cushion COVER Replacement - Help.

I don't have practical experience with replacing covers. I note there are instructions for covers and pads for 2005 Vue in service manual. I can email those to you if you PM an address.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
99WhiteC5Coupe
99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough99WhiteC5Coupe will become famous soon enough

PM sent - Thank you.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Trilo_g
Trilo_g is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I changed the seat covers in my 2008 from cloth to leather- and it was pretty easy to do. Watch out for the seat trim parts, as they can break easily when tugging on them to remove them.

You'll need to remove the seat from the vehicle, of course. The cover is probably held in place by various clips attached to the cover. The se clips will be on the new part. Unclip, pull cover off then removed the pad from the fram so you can stuff it into the new cover, put everything back on and reclip.

Take some photos of clip location for reference if needed.
Trilo_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
99WhiteC5Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilo_g View Post
I changed the seat covers in my 2008 from cloth to leather- and it was pretty easy to do. Watch out for the seat trim parts, as they can break easily when tugging on them to remove them.

You'll need to remove the seat from the vehicle, of course. The cover is probably held in place by various clips attached to the cover. The se clips will be on the new part. Unclip, pull cover off then removed the pad from the fram so you can stuff it into the new cover, put everything back on and reclip.

Take some photos of clip location for reference if needed.

I changed the seat covers and foam on my 1999 Corvette and also a friends. It was rather straigtforward.

Thanks for your advice - I always seek as much information as I can get before I start a "new job".