djsmoove
djsmoove is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2
Default cleaning and changing stuff help

ok just a few questions real basic.
just need a few opinions.
im planing on fixing a few things..

plugs and wires.
i shop at advanceauto so if i can have a recommended part number as for both plugs and wires. i see the site does have exact fit for my saturn sc2 dohc. just wanna make sure that the plug wires arent too tall when fitting down on the plugs.
also on the distrib cap should i clean the pins that the wires connect too? if so what should i use?
i know the gap is 0.040 and to double check it.. also seen tuneup grease as well to use on plug tip b4 placing back

oil change
my car has 179994miles on it. which type of oil and filter to use. also should i use an additive when i do like i.e. slick 50 or sumthing?

cleaning egr valve
will just regular carb cleaner will work? well it has never been changed do u thing it wouldnt hurt to change it?

throttle body
never ever cleaned it b4 i seen vids with just regular carb bleaner just wanna make sure that it correct.

recently had my water pump and thermstat changed in sept last yr.. should i do thermost too?

when placing what i take off will i need a torque wrench? or just regular tools? and also mainly on the throttle body and the sparkplugs are they to be torque.

please excuse my sill no nonsense questions
as always my saturn gurus i want to thank u in advance for all your help
djsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links