what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #29
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

Originally Posted by tnpilot
That's why I have a cell phone.. I never have understood why someone would pay $16/month for that worthless service. Don't lock your keys in your car, watch your gas gauge and keep your cell phone with you for any emergencies.
You could also say "And don't let your car get stolen" but that's not always in your control either. Who's to say that that cell phone will always be easily accessible in an emergency?

True, but that's only valuable if you frequently have people in the backseat who have different musical tastes than the driver. It's certainly not a general advantage for the average person.
I guess the average person always likes the same music?

How often do you load up more than 5 people for a long trip? It could certainly be valuable to a few people with large families that travel a lot, but certainly not a general advantage for the average person.
Obviously you have no firsthand experience of any size family and the versatility of a minivan/SUV.

Personally, I think the pricing is high but is in line with the market. Yeah, it'll top $40k and then some, but there are a lot of features for that. There are several features like the memory seats, rear skylights, mirror mounted signals, etc. that are things never seen in a Saturn before. Some things, like the 2nd row captains chairs, are things that you don't see on other crossover SUVs. A lot of the features on the options list aren't available on the Pilot at all.
If you go heavy on the options the price adds up, but the prices for some of these options are high anyway. ($2k for navigation? ) There will be buyers for this. A simple Outlook XR FWD with the Convenience package is pretty comparably equipped and priced to other vehicles it'll be cross shopped against, like the Sienna and Pilot. So yes, I do think it's on the high side, but I can only fault GM/Saturn from a personal standpoint, and not a market position.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote