SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
ericfragola
ericfragola is on a distinguished road

1998 SL1
Sad my seat is uncomfortable beyond belief

Hey everyone. I daily drive a 98 SL1. but lately its just been too much for me. The driver seat is uncomfortable beyong belief.I already havebackproblemsbut thisis torture I tried a lumbar support but stillno justice. What should I do? I want to replace the seat all together. But is it just mine? That happens to be broken down and uncomfortable, and replacing it with another one from the same car will do me justice,or isthere another car/Saturn out there that has a more comfortable seat and will bolt up to my SL1s body? Any input and feedback is greatly appreciated thanks everyone!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ericfragola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ericfragola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ericfragola is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1
Default Re: my seat is uncomfortable beyond belief

A seat from an SL2/SC2/SW2 will bolt right in, have better cushioning, and adjustable seat base height and lumbar support. I would suggest finding one of those cars & give the seats a try. If it'll do the trick, it's junkyard time. You'll need an E10 torx socket for the swap. Any year will work, some years will require swapping the seatbelt buckle as well.

If you want to keep your fabric matching front & rear, rear seats will swap from any '96-'02 sedan (or from a coupe if you also grab the plastic piece under the rear seat base). They might swap from earlier years as well, not sure.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote