SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
snowwhite
snowwhite is on a distinguished road

Default turn signal light

I DID do a search on this subject but still have a question. First, the problem. When I use my right turn signal it is blinking in the dashboard way faster than usual. From what I saw on this sight the problem is the bulb. My question is being that I was in "park" at the gas station and got out and saw that the signal worked outside, does this mean that it is NOT working when I'm traveling. I thought that is what someone said on another thread. Where are these bulbs that need to be changed? What is the deal. I don't want to get ripped off....I'm female. Sorry to sound sexist but it's the truth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snowwhite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snowwhite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: turn signal light

did you check the operation of both the front and rear turn signal?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

The bulbs are in your head and taillamp assemblies and they're very easy to change yourself, if you have the right tool to loosen the fasteners. Do you have a friend or a mechanic who can replace the bulb for you if you don't want to try it?

So, either those traveling behind you don't see one of your turn signals flashing or those coming toward you don't see the blinker blinking.

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tethys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
HamBone
HamBone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
I DID do a search on this subject but still have a question. First, the problem. When I use my right turn signal it is blinking in the dashboard way faster than usual. From what I saw on this sight the problem is the bulb. My question is being that I was in "park" at the gas station and got out and saw that the signal worked outside, does this mean that it is NOT working when I'm traveling. I thought that is what someone said on another thread. Where are these bulbs that need to be changed? What is the deal. I don't want to get ripped off....I'm female. Sorry to sound sexist but it's the truth.
The rapid flash is because your turn signal is out. The park function uses the same bulb but a different filiment. The small or minor filiment is still intact but the large filiment is out. Turn on your turn signal and then look at the head light and the tail light from out side. the one that is not blinking needs to be replaced. The turn bulb on the head light can be removed just by turning the bulb base. You could remove the headlight if you want (I dont think it is required). The head lights come out easy by pulling out the "L" shaped pins (2) and then removing the head light from the car. Then remove the bulb by twisting. Next pull the bulb from the base and then replace the bulb. I am not sure how to remove the tail light. I think there is some screws and some nuts that have to be removed to get at the tail light bulb. If it is in the rear, post a note and ill try to see how to remove it. It might be in your owners manual.

Hambone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HamBone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HamBone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
snowwhite
snowwhite is on a distinguished road

thank you, I really appreciate the input from everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snowwhite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snowwhite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
nababbo
nababbo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

the rear has screws that you can see when you open the trunk. Take those off (you need a torx driver) and it's very easy to replace.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nababbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nababbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nababbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

you may find that your the sexist, because i have never ripped off a woman in all the years i was in the service dept, and i do not know of any of the tech's that rips off anyone male or female.

turn on the offending turn signal with the key on and get out of the car and look at the front and the rear lamp assemblies, one will not be blinking. change the one that does not come on at all. if you do not know what to do stop by anyone you trust and have then do it for you. maybe you could have your father do it i don't see a reason he would rip you off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
HamBone
HamBone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
maybe you could have your father do it i don't see a reason he would rip you off.
LOL! "That will be $49.95 please"

HeyMo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HamBone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HamBone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
yogi1200
yogi1200 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC1
2004 ION-3 Sedan

You guy's do realize that a year from now, Snowwhite will be a master member, and able to diagnose most problems right? As my wife of 24 years tells me, "Don't let the blonde hair fool you!" Snowwhite, Just keep reading the post's and "How-to" sections, You will soon be knowledgable in most thing Saturn and have no trouble posting fixes or idea's. Damn. That is a good thing, right? Just kidding LOL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yogi1200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yogi1200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yogi1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBone View Post
LOL! "That will be $49.95 please"

HeyMo
seeing she just may be a sexist, her dad might charge her just for the sake of making a point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
QCs_R4_Girls
QCs_R4_Girls is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
1998 SL2

Ugh, guys, c'mon.

It sounds like the rear light is out, since you said it works in the front. You're going to need a Torx screwdriver, size 15. It looks like *. If you're not sure if the screwdriver will fit, go to a local hardware shop, explain to the guy that you need to replace your taillight but you're not sure of the size. tell the guy you want to check if it fits before you buy it and ask him if you can quick run out to your car and check. Most local shops will ok this, especially from a girl. (shush all of you, I'm speaking with the voice of experience here )

After that, its 3 screws. Don't lose them. Follow bulb replacement procedures above.

You don't need someone else to do this for you. Plus, as mentioned above, guys will be both helpful and impressed that you know what you're talking about.

"Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph."

3 - 2006 Ion Quad Coupe 2.2L, Manual, Black
2 - 2002 SC2, Manual, Silver
1 - 1998 SL2, Manual, Blue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QCs_R4_Girls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QCs_R4_Girls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QCs_R4_Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
yogi1200
yogi1200 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC1
2004 ION-3 Sedan

Qc R4 Girls, Thanks for backing me up here. I think?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yogi1200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yogi1200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yogi1200 is offline   Reply With Quote