SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
Iononic Boy
Iononic Boy is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Happy First to test drive the Saturn Sky at Saturn of Wyoming Valley!

TOTALLY STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! A thrill of a lifetime that I, at the age of a mere 21, was the FIRST, to testdrive a Saturn Sky(with the top down ofcourse) at Saturn Of Wyoming Valley. I have some low quality pictures I took with my camera phone. Acceleration is amazing, shifter is effortless, LOOKS FROM EVERYONE, including the guy in his Infinitt G35 Coupe, BMW Z4, and Everyone else. GUYS CHECK THIS CAR OUT ASAP!!!

PICS are attached...I recommend you check em out LEAVE ME any questions to answer about to experience and drive. Gladly will answer in detail.

K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg close up saturn sky.JPG (12.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg back saturn sky.JPG (13.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg driving saturn sky.JPG (13.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg front saturn sky.JPG (12.4 KB, 84 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Iononic Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Iononic Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Iononic Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: First to test drive the Saturn Sky at Saturn of Wyoming Valley!

Ah, I see they're building the SKY the way the Russians used to build MiGs...out of focus. At least that's how all the aircraft spy shots were.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerry Proctor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gerry Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
bubbacc
bubbacc is on a distinguished road

Iononic ... congratulations ...

Questions:

1. I assume it was a maunal ... did you hear a "clunk" going from first to second?

2. Wind noise with top up?

3. Placement of controls ok? Window switch? Can you read the guages ok?

4. Seat adjustment ok?

5.Did you look in the "trunk"? How much usable room?

Deposit in ... #1 on dealer's list ...Silver Pearl, Black top, Black leather, monsoon, LSD, M$RP in writting ... ordered March 8!!! order accepted March 15 ... order status 38 "Produced" on April 4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bubbacc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bubbacc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bubbacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Iononic Boy

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbacc
Iononic ... congratulations ...

Questions:

1. I assume it was a maunal ... did you hear a "clunk" going from first to second?

2. Wind noise with top up?

3. Placement of controls ok? Window switch? Can you read the guages ok?

4. Seat adjustment ok?

5.Did you look in the "trunk"? How much usable room?
1, honestly no, its smooth like chocolate. Very short throws, easy shifts, and a pleasure to drive.
2, the top was dow nthe entire time, and honestly was not loud or to windy for me as it was.
3, Controls were layed out nicely, Window switches in my opinion are placed back a lil far, and I could not find an auto unlock button. To get out of the car if its locked you have to literially pull up the lock tab on top of the door sill. Gauges are nice, a little simple, but whos looking down anyway, I was looking forward, up, across, with huge smile on my face.
4, Seating was nice, very tight coupe/convertible feel. i'm only 5'7 and dont' have that big of a build but felt like it was a lil tight.
5, no i missed the trunk, I was act late for work cause I took it for a drive hehe so I did not have a chance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Iononic Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
bubbacc
bubbacc is on a distinguished road

Thanks ... and congratulations again ... I'm jealous

Deposit in ... #1 on dealer's list ...Silver Pearl, Black top, Black leather, monsoon, LSD, M$RP in writting ... ordered March 8!!! order accepted March 15 ... order status 38 "Produced" on April 4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bubbacc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bubbacc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bubbacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
DeCaff2006
Advanced Member
DeCaff2006 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
1994 SC2

Wow, I wan't to know what time today you did this. I was at Saturn of Wyoming Valley today getting a keyless remote programmed. I saw that sky sitting there and soooooo wanted to test drive it! I had class at 9:30 though and I couldn't stay after they did the work. Hell, you're probably a student at LCCC just like me. Or at least I should hope you are at just 21 years old.

BTW yes congrats on the test drive. I may see if I can do the same on Thursday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeCaff2006's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeCaff2006 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeCaff2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
Iononic Boy

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

hey man its funny cause I was just picking up my cap and gown for graduation at LCCC and was on my way to work around 11 :20 am I stopped in at Saturn. I love that place, everyone is really cool. I applied for a job there...with all of Saturns cool stuff comming out I def wanna be a part of it.

I drive a 2003 Saturn Ion 3 Coupe. Its Metallic Orange, I think the ONLY one is this area, so if you see one its prob me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
Jorule22
Jorule22 is on a distinguished road

Thats awesome man, hopefully they will be coming into Canada soon so we can all drive one. So the acceleration was good? I was kinda worried going to a 4 cylinder and some of the reviews i've read in magazines say its not that great. What do you currently drive that you were comparing it too?

2007 Sky - Pearl Silver, Red & Black Leather, XM, Spoiler, Tinted Out, 5 spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jorule22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jorule22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jorule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
rick112
rick112 is on a distinguished road

Nice!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rick112's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rick112 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rick112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
todaresqSL2
todaresqSL2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
2008 Astra XR

Congrats... still none delivered just an hour north in Binghamton...

In regards to door lock switch. You will never find one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to todaresqSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help todaresqSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
todaresqSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #11
jrsno1fan
jrsno1fan is on a distinguished road

You are very lucky!! The dealer here in Atlanta says it should be there tomorrow. But I'm not holding my breath. Geez, I can't wait. Thank you for posting the pics that's so sweet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jrsno1fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jrsno1fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jrsno1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #12
futureskyowner
futureskyowner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iononic Boy
1, honestly no, its smooth like chocolate. Very short throws, easy shifts, and a pleasure to drive.
2, the top was dow nthe entire time, and honestly was not loud or to windy for me as it was.
3, Controls were layed out nicely, Window switches in my opinion are placed back a lil far, and I could not find an auto unlock button. To get out of the car if its locked you have to literially pull up the lock tab on top of the door sill. Gauges are nice, a little simple, but whos looking down anyway, I was looking forward, up, across, with huge smile on my face.
4, Seating was nice, very tight coupe/convertible feel. i'm only 5'7 and dont' have that big of a build but felt like it was a lil tight.
5, no i missed the trunk, I was act late for work cause I took it for a drive hehe so I did not have a chance.

REF: Door Locks... I believe once you turn the engine off the door automatically unlocks. I couldn't find the lock/unlock button either when I took a test drive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to futureskyowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help futureskyowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
futureskyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #13
TBone1082
Advanced Member
TBone1082 will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Also waiting up here on Long Island, Saturn of Medford and Saturn of Massapequa.

STC-NY

Sales Consultant @ Saturn of Medford

Number 4 in line for a 2007 Sky Redline!
Black w/Black leather, Tan Inserts
LSD, Single CD Monsoon System, and Spoiler.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TBone1082's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TBone1082 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TBone1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
MisSaturn
MisSaturn is on a distinguished road

K,

Please come back down to visit us.We will be more than Happy to show you the trunk,make sure its your day off so you won't be late for work. Maybe we can take a test drive this time with the top up this way you will have the full experience of the test drive(top up,top down)also we can take some more nice clear pictures with our camera for you to post.

See Ya Soon,
Your test drive consultant

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MisSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MisSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MisSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote