SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?
Yes 68 56.20%
No 53 43.80%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?

Excluding a spouse, have you ever let a friend drive your Saturn? Would you let them do it again?

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
silverblueL200

NOOOOO. I've seen the way my friends drive...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 10-12-2003, 10:54 PM   #3
SaturnBaby2
SaturnBaby2 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2002 VUE 2.2L

when i had my 1991 i let my friend drive it all the time to learn how to drive a stick, he was always afraid of breaking it... but he got used to it and then drove it a lot actually... Now that I have my 2000 I wont even let anyone touch it... even my friend who perfected driving my old sattie...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnBaby2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnBaby2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:13 PM   #4
GmG
Advanced Member
GmG is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1992 SC

Yes, I let a friend drive my old 92, I haven't had a reason to let him drive the 93 yet, but probably would. He's a careful driver and knows I'd find out if he wasn't being nice to my car.

Most of my friends, no way, I know how they drive, plus my car is probably worth more to me than to an insurance company if something did happen

George

George
92 SCm 138k
98 SC2m 131k

"You shouldn't leave things in the fridge. That is the lesson."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GmG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GmG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

I actually let my friend Erin borrow my saturn for a weekend got it back with a flat tire wasnt too happy about that. I never let a friend borrow any of my cars after that

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
Nuke-Em
Nuke-Em is on a distinguished road

I've only let my girlfriend drive my current car...no one else knows how to drive stick. As for the other Saturns; I've let friends take them for a spin around the block as long as I'm in the passenger seat. Most of my friends are responsible.

Matt

If God had intended driving to be boring, he would have given us all Toyota's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nuke-Em's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nuke-Em reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:11 AM   #7
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

I've let my boyfriend drive both of my cars. He was the one driving when the SL died but I know it wasn't his fault, so I won't hold it against him. I was too tired to drive that night, and told him to keep going when it made funny noises. He's also driven my SC when I just didn't feel like driving, but I trust him completely and he taught me how to drive stick on his car.

I've let a couple people drive my SL, including my ex-boyfriend and his sister, when they were both learning how to drive - it was the first car either of them drove!

Wierd enough, one person who has NEVER driven my SC is my mom. I won't let her!! Her driving scares me. She drove my SL only twice in the two years it ran.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Yes

It doesn't happen too often. Sometimes I'll even let a friend take my SC2 on an errand alone especially if their car isn't as nice as mine. If I'm visiting a friend in a town that I'm not familiar with and they can drive a stick shift, I'll let them drive my car if we can't use their vehicle. It's not really a big deal to me..... sometimes I like being a passenger in my own car.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:29 AM   #9
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

yes, i let a friend autocross my saturn. he brought it back with the front brakes smoking! (left foot braker). another friend i let run a session at an open track event in my saturn. that was interesting since i was corner working during that session so i got to watch my own car zooming around the track. back in 1992 when i got my 92 sc new, *everybody* wanted to drive it. it was a novelty.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:50 AM   #10
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

Yes, I've let friends drive my vehicles. They have to earn the privelidge of driving my vehicles first as I'm very particular about how my vehicles are driven. Even then, I'm typically in the vehicle while they are driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #11
AjaxSL2Guy
AjaxSL2Guy is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

I let my best friend drive my Saturn sometimes. We sometimes would change cars for the weekend (she works at Saturn with me and usually has a VUE or LW, so sometimes I need the space and she just takes my car. But luckily, both my ex and my current partner can't drive a manual, and I am NOT training them on my car!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AjaxSL2Guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AjaxSL2Guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 11:16 AM   #12
Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

No, come to think of it.

'00 SL2m- DD, 186K miles
'05 Honda CR-V- wife's DD and my upright bass hauler
'84 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk- toy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Twin_Cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Twin_Cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #13
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

Yes, but not since the tranny swap. My manual trans cars are off limits. I like my clutch. It appears that some people don't.

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #14
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

yes, i have because i was in no condition to drive

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #15
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member
MydnightMyst is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

Other than myself, I have let one other person race my car. Once, at one of the SPC Rallies, I let Lane take the keys to my car and he ran it down the 1/4 mile, cutting a STELLAR light and a pretty good 1/4 mile ET.. He had a great time. I had a wonderful time watching someone else race my car, but in general, I don't even allow the love of my life to drive the car, much less anyone else. I also don't allow the children in it without a lot of supervision. I am pretty "funny" about who is allowed in the car and why....

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car
1996 Saturn SL2 street car
1997 Saturn SC2, 2003 OLOA class winner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MydnightMyst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #16
bennett9000
bennett9000 has a spectacular aura aboutbennett9000 has a spectacular aura about

None of my friends know how to drive a stick

-Andy

01 SL1 (2011-2014) 99 SW2 (2002-2009) 95 SL2 (1997-2002)
00 ROUSH Cougar V6 03 SVT Focus #2370 08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bennett9000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bennett9000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:15 PM   #17
WKDave3
WKDave3 is on a distinguished road

i occasionally let my girlfriend drive it, like if we trade cars for the wknd so I can do work on hers. I taught her how to drive on my truck. I also let one of my friends (staff on the trip) take my car to go get food for the rest of us while on a mission trip. Other than them I rarely let my dad drive my car and will not let my mom drive it...she's not very good with manuals.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WKDave3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WKDave3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:50 AM   #18
IONicSaturn
Advanced Member
IONicSaturn is on a distinguished road

2005 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Yes, I have let my best friend drive my Saturn on several ocassions, and he allows me to drive his Altima every so often. It was actually the first car he drove with his driver's license (I got mine a year before him).

Mike

2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
2005 Saturn L300
1999 Dodge Durango SLT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONicSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONicSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:47 PM   #19
mazik
mazik is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

excluding my husband, I've let my best friend and my mom drive my car home from me getting my nails done

Just replaced original set of tires at 48k not too shabby

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mazik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mazik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #20
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

i dont have any friends.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread