SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #1
elviec
elviec is on a distinguished road

Default Rear left door not shutting sometimes

Does anyone have this problem with their rear left door? When ever you shut it, it half ways shuts unless you close it pretty hard. Could anyone help me out please??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to elviec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help elviec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Johnny No
Johnny No is on a distinguished road

I find I'm still getting used to the polymer doors taking more force to close than typical steel doors due to their lighter weight. Other than that, no real problems here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Johnny No's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Johnny No reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
JDRedline
Advanced Member
JDRedline is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I have a Redline QC and I find that I have to really slam the driver's side back door or I'll hear a lot of extra wind noise. When opening the driver's side back door, half the time, I have to pull the handle and also pull from the top of the door because it sticks. My passenger's side back door works just fine though. I only need to open from the handle every time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDRedline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDRedline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #4
Barry
Barry is on a distinguished road

same problem on our 2 03 QC and my new redline. The dealer says its because the car is air tight. We have the wind deflectors on all 3 and w/ the windows cracked just a bit ..all doors close just fine.

"I SEE Red Lines "

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Barry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Barry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #5
bobwill
bobwill is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
the car is air tight
Heh, that's pretty interesting, So, if you drive into a lake it should float pretty long then. That's always nice to know.

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #6
JDRedline
Advanced Member
JDRedline is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry
same problem on our 2 03 QC and my new redline. The dealer says its because the car is air tight. We have the wind deflectors on all 3 and w/ the windows cracked just a bit ..all doors close just fine.
Barry, the dealer can say "air-tight" but it doesn't apply to the back door not closing completely and then sticking when trying to open. The front door is always open when you open and close the rear door - so "air-tight" would only apply to the front door not closing properly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDRedline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDRedline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread