SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 01:47 PM   #1
pk2002
pk2002 is on a distinguished road

Default Good Saturn dealers around Washington, DC area...

Anyone knows of any good Saturn dealers around Washington, DC area?

I'm giving up on Saturn of Fairfax, VA. It's the little things that bothered me...when I bought the VUE, it took them awhile to contact me or let me know if and when the VUE will come in...I've got a postcard from them telling me that my license plate has arrived and to pick up at any time but when I got there it's not there. It took me half an hour during rush hour to get there before they close. Instead, I was told that they have it at the Saturn of Sterling and is sending it on carrier and told me I should have called them first. The irony is that I did called them to check if I should go to the location where I bought the VUE or to their service location, a few blocks away, but it never occurred to them to check it for me. They said another guy came before me, too, about getting his license plate notified by the postcard but it was NOT there. My mom also ordered a part (rear side view mirror) for her Saturn LS200 a months earlier but never heard from them....when she contacted them, they said they left a message on her phone but she's never received it.

Anyway, it seems like they're even trying to give service anymore.

So please let me know if there are other Saturn service places I could take my VUE and my mom's LS to in the future for any type service needed.

Anyone been to Saturn of Alexandria, VA? How's the service there?

Thanks,
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
DAL
DAL is on a distinguished road

Well, there's a fair number of them around, at least on my side of the river:

Silver Spring (King)
Bowie
Gaithersburg (King)
Frederick (King)
Owings Mill
Columbia

I mention the ones that are King, only because if you get something serviced at one, it shows up on the computer at the other two, which helps if you lose paperwork and don't want to drive all over the place.

G'burg is slow for work only because they are victims of success, there are many Saturns in the area, and some are getting aged and need more TLC than others. But they've always done what I wanted them to do, and since I've had a Saturn since 1992 they kinda know what I need done and my time frame. I've never used Silver Spring, but I have taken my car to Frederick. Calling ahead isn't a guarantee, as you well know, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Good luck with your search, wish I had more information for you than that.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Jeff P
Jeff P is on a distinguished road

I used to live over in Crofton and went to Saturn of Bowie, now I live in Germantown and go to Saturn of Gaithersburg or Frederick.

Saturn of Bowie was really great. I was always completely comfortable with their work and honesty, and they did some really good stuff in terms of treating me right. I liked that place a lot. Saturn of Gaithersburg isn't as good, but I can't say they've tried to screw me or anything. I just don't get the same good vibes. Also I think their parts department is a league leader in markups. Saturn of Frederick seemed fine but I've only been up there a couple of times. They did a nice job of fitting me in on short notice.

So I guess I'd first recommend Bowie if you're not happy where you are now.

jeff
Old 04-09-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
wmacblue
wmacblue is on a distinguished road

A vote for another Maryland dealership, Saturn of York Road in Baltimore. Techie mistake notwithstanding, they've treated me VERY well - -nothing but praise for them (if not for the tech who screwed up my suspension!). Even with that glaring error, they did their best to make it right in a timely, professional and highly apologetic manner.

They're part of the Mile One group, btw, which has dealerships all over the mid-atlantic. I've been impressed.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

My list of favorite (metro DC) Saturn retailers:
(tie) Sterling, VA and Waldorf, MD
Alexandria, VA

was ok:
Gaithersburg, MD
Manassas, VA
Marlow Heights, MD

will never go even at gunpt:
Fairfax, VA

Never dealt with:
any of the others
Old 04-09-2002, 06:56 PM   #6
pk2002
pk2002 is on a distinguished road

You guys and gals are awesome! I really appreciate your responses!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 09:37 PM   #7
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

Saturn of Woodbridge, loud and clear. They know how to please their customers!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:48 PM   #8
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

I recommend Saturn of Sterling. The sales and service staff are great. They are very knowledgeable and always courteous.

Charlie
Closed Thread