SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

Default Bad Day! need part number

I woke up this morning to find a flat front driver's tire. After taking it to a local tire shop I cut is on the sidewall so they can't repair and since Saturn put some funky size on this thing, I can't get a replacement until next Wednesday. They bring my VUE back out and I see some major scratches to my passenger headlight cover and the front just under it. I don't think the tire shop did it, but I would like to replace the cover since it looks like crap. I'm trying to work miracles with touchup paint today for the paint scratch.

Does anyone know how much it costs and what the part number is to replace the Lexan cover?

TIA!

Steve
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Ouch, sorry to hear about your bad day! Unfortunately the headlamp is a sealed unit which means you can't get a replacement lense. The right headlamp unit is about $203.00 and the part # is 22702946. What size tires do you have on your VUE?
Beautiful People First~
Old 04-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
tomin203
tomin203 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your tire & the sctraches.

I had a nail in my rear driver's side tire a couple weeks ago. The nail was in a spot where it damaged the side wall, so the tire couldn't be fixed. With 2,200 miles on the tire, I was not happy to think I would have to shell out big bucks...

I tried 2 well know independent tire shops (chains) in Norwalk, CT. Neither had the correct Firestone / Bridgestone tire & you can't use anything else (unless you want to change all 4).

I was able to find a Firestone dealer in Stamford CT which had just received some of the "VUE" tires. They were great to deal with - I had the new tire on that same day and the pro-rated the tire as well!

SO - try a Firestone dealer for OEM tire for 2004 6 Cyl, AWD VUE - they will be getting them first.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
03Vue99Sl2
03Vue99Sl2 is on a distinguished road

IM not sure how trusted this site is, just found it looking through saturnparts.com. But they have the headlight assembly for 161.73. Just go here http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...OEM&siteid=715 and put part number in that was posted.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

I went to the local Bridgestone dealer. The tire will cost me 119 installed, not too bad. The size is 235 60 17. But I think the VUE is the only thing with this size.

I'm seeing the whole assembly for about 190ish..dang..don't know if I want to fork that out if I don't have to. Are there any aftermarket units? Might be a good excuse to get some more stylin'

I'm playing with some 1500 grit sandpaper and some polishing compound..but the scratches seem a little deep for it

I'm taking some advice from a bud that used to do paint repair at the Mistubishi plant. I'm going to mound up some touch up paint, go at it with some 1500 grit wet paper to make it flush and then use the polishing compound for the fine scratches..that's what they did at the factory..figure it can't look worse. Maybe I'll have to get a front end cover to hide it.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #6
abbear
abbear is on a distinguished road

The Vue is not the only one with this size. I was at my local Les Schwab getting tires on our van and while walking around I came across what looked to be OEM vue tires and rims. Then I looked closer and the center piece had a Chevy logo on it. So it would appear that GM may be using this size on vehicles other than 04 v6 vue.
Allen Barrett
Closed Thread