SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
2002 sl1
2002 sl1 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
Default reception problems

i've been having problems with my radio reception. It seems i can only get reception with in 20 miles of the source. Ive checked the wireing and everything seems fine. It is the stock stereo for a 2002 sl1.
any help would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2002 sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2002 sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2002 sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
97coupe
Master Member
97coupe is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Re: reception problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 sl1 View Post
i've been having problems with my radio reception. It seems i can only get reception with in 20 miles of the source. Ive checked the wireing and everything seems fine. It is the stock stereo for a 2002 sl1.
any help would be appreciated.

It is one of two things. Either their is a break or short in the cable itself if connection appears good (use a ohm meter and check it for continuity and shorts) or you got in a strong RF field that took out the preamp in your receiver and limited its sensitivity.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97coupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97coupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
redkees@msn.com
redkees@msn.com is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
2008 AURA XE

I had bad reception too and it was because the antenna was unplugged.

On the right passenger side under the dash you will find the antenna plug.
Check to see if it's connected. If not connect it and wrap some electical tape around it to keep it connected.

A passenger might have kicked it loose with their feet, it happened to me.

Previously Owned 98 SL2, Sold
98 SL, Sold
When your Saturn is well kept YOU are well kept.

Second Car: Buick LaCrosse 2006

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to redkees@msn.com's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help redkees@msn.com reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
redkees@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
codytheoutlaw
codytheoutlaw is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
1995 SC2

i took my antenna off. i listend to the radio 1 time, that was the day i drove it home. we dont have any radio stations worth listening to though

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codytheoutlaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codytheoutlaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codytheoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Phredawgy
Phredawgy is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytheoutlaw View Post
i took my antenna off. i listend to the radio 1 time, that was the day i drove it home. we dont have any radio stations worth listening to though
I listen to Sirius more than anything.....

The streets will flow with the blood of all the non-believers!!!! And all those who won't include their vehicles vital information in their posts!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phredawgy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phredawgy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phredawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
2002 sl1
2002 sl1 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

thx i didnt know thier was a conector under the glove box. found it and works great.

i was thinking about getting sirius but didnt know if it was worth it.how do u like it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2002 sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2002 sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2002 sl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #7
Phredawgy

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 sl1 View Post
thx i didnt know thier was a conector under the glove box. found it and works great.

i was thinking about getting sirius but didnt know if it was worth it.how do u like it.
I love it.....you get alot more music variety than any of the local stations I have...if you get one...I don't know what your reciever is like....if you can connect them directly instead of using the fm transmitter on the sirius deck it works alot better...

The streets will flow with the blood of all the non-believers!!!! And all those who won't include their vehicles vital information in their posts!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Phredawgy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL2

If you like to listen to music in your car and are limited by your local stations and you don't mind forking over the dough, it is great. I got a loaner while my car was getting state inspection and I thought it was super. I'm too frugal to purchase the service, though.

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
As of 09/30/17: 223,751 Miles - SOLD
New owner report of 08/08/19: 234,408 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
As of 07/25/18: 51,495 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
Phredawgy

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSaturn02 View Post
If you like to listen to music in your car and are limited by your local stations and you don't mind forking over the dough, it is great. I got a loaner while my car was getting state inspection and I thought it was super. I'm too frugal to purchase the service, though.
I have two units....one that was purchased as an Xmas gift this last year...and the older one I had that still gets service Free...lol don't ask me how.....

I believe it's about 12.95 a month....if you prepay for a year you save more....and the smaller less spendy units I've seen almost all have a mail in rebate so your basically paying the monthly fee and that is it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
DonP
Master Member
DonP will become famous soon enoughDonP will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

Quote:
I do XM, love it for travel away from areas with reasonable on-air stations choices, and use it to escapt the constant blather of many radio sttions. Go to their web sites to check the progarmming options. COst runs about $10 per month for the first receiver plus the cost of the radio. Additiona radios (up to a total of 5) on a famly plan run around $7 per month. The only issue is that reception can get spotty on the north side of cliffs, mountains, etc. when the car is shielded from a view of the satellite.

At one time Sirius and XM were going to merge. Don't know if that is still in the works, but rumors continue in the press.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DonP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DonP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote