SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
blockrockin
blockrockin is on a distinguished road

Default aftermarket stereo install ?

hi i have a 08 saturn vue that i would like to install a aftermarket stereo i was just wondering if anyone knew where to get a dash kit and wireing harness ? thanks alote for the help ! also am looking for a diagram on how to remove the factory radio. thanks!

Last edited by blockrockin; 12-22-2007 at 11:03 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blockrockin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blockrockin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blockrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: aftermarket stereo install ?

My son has a HHR that was assembled in Mexico at the same plant as the Vue. His interior is very simular to the Vues. He used the instructions from this web site to do the job. Maybe it will help you out also.

http://www.socalhhr.citymax.com/hhrradioremoval.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
blockrockin

great thanks alote that should help !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help blockrockin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
gmsuv

2008 VUE 3.6L

Glad to be of assistance. My son got a Nav unit off of Ebay for $600 and took the old radio out and installed the Nav. He said the only problem was installing the GPS pickup but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
gmsuv

2008 VUE 3.6L

One other thought. You might have to go to the dealer and have the radio reprogrammed. GM has a theft detterant on the radio that the radio and vin must match or they are locked out and the radio will not work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsuv View Post
One other thought. You might have to go to the dealer and have the radio reprogrammed. GM has a theft detterant on the radio that the radio and vin must match or they are locked out and the radio will not work.
That's if you're installing another GM head unit, as their programmed to a particular vin #.

Aftermarket (i.e. Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) there's no connection to that whatsoever--the issue is making sure you get all the proper connections for your Onstar, steering wheel controls, etc. still to work after the new unit is in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
blockrockin

yeah i was trying to decide weather to go with after market or not.. did they ever come out with a siruis tunner that could replace the xm one yet . i know they had them for the other years but not 08. thanks for all the good info !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #8
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockrockin View Post
yeah i was trying to decide weather to go with after market or not.. did they ever come out with a siruis tunner that could replace the xm one yet . i know they had them for the other years but not 08. thanks for all the good info !
Yeah, for whatever reason, it still doesn't seem as thought the Sirius convert box for newer XM'd GM vehicles exists yet. This would be the Sirius SIR-GM2, which is being discussed all over the net...as in, where the heck is it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
Rob1956
Rob1956 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I wanted to upgrade the stereo in my '03 VUE, I went to crutchfield.com
and was able to input my model and year of car and got all sorts of options. They furnished the stereo (in this case a Blaupunkt), wiring harness, new pocket below the unit to replace the origional one, and instructions. I did the whole install in a couple of hours. You pay a bit more than other places you can find head units, but boy, it was easy. They do tell you that you can/will loose onstar, theft deterrent abilities if you do this, so keep that in mind.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rob1956's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rob1956 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
blockrockin

thanks for the help i went to crutchfield and input the info and it says their isnt a wireing harnness or install kit for the 08 vue.. cant be that hard. i just want to instal a single din foldout dvd player in the stock radio spot. anyone know where i can get a instal kit and wireing harnness. i dont care if i loose the onstar and door chimes if thats a problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
envoy
envoy is on a distinguished road

Did you try calling Crutchfield? Sometimes they know the wiring harness and haven't updated the web site yet. I'd be suprised if the connectors are all that different since they use the same radio in quite a few different models.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to envoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help envoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
envoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
blockrockin

yeah i called crutchfield but they said they dont have anything yet. humm well if i could atleast find a mounting bracket i could probably make the wireing harness. anyone know where i could find a braket that would allow me to mount a single din stereo in the factory place? thanks alote !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!