SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
AstraFasta
AstraFasta will become famous soon enoughAstraFasta will become famous soon enough

Default Opel parts lookup & diagrams

This is a helpful Opel Astra H parts look up and diagram. We have the z18xer engine, albeit there are some differences in the Saturn Astra (and parts numbers). Good place to start

https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/a04/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
PaulR
PaulR is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Opel parts lookup & diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraFasta View Post
This is a helpful Opel Astra H parts look up and diagram. We have the z18xer engine, albeit there are some differences in the Saturn Astra (and parts numbers). Good place to start

https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/a04/
Good information. Although I find it ironic that Saturn states in the new car owners guide that towing is not recommended with the Astra. But there it is in the Astra H parts look up... a trailer hitch. Ha ha ha.

Too bad that I do not see a factory plug-and-play trailer wiring harness listed. Or do you guys see one? Because I am not about to go cutting into my wiring on my cars to install a one-size-fits-nothing "universal kit". These cars are enough of an electrical nightmare by themselves, let alone someone splicing into the complex, existing wiring.

I guess I will keep towing without lights.

PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
PaulR
PaulR is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Opel parts lookup & diagrams

Sorry, found the parts diagrams and some part numbers for the hitch in the electrical accessories and also in the body electrical (trailer coupling electrical fittings). There looks to be an electrical plug-in to the main wiring harness.

I did a quick parts # search and there is an adapter(s), control unit and other related items needed for the set up. I found some hits from eBay Germany and OEM Cats. The ones that would ship to the U.S. were pretty pricey and OEM Cats were not exactly cheap either.

Now if a wiring novice like me could figure what I exactly NEED, maybe I could buy the parts. With 13 pin to 7 pin adapters and such, European wiring is different from North American? Just not sure if I want to connect an adapter to another adapter to make things work. As stated in my other post I would prefer a plug-and-play.

PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote