SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Default Loaner Car?

I'm taking my vue in to the dealer on monday to have the front suspension looked at. Been rattling a little, figured I'd just let them take a peek since it's under warranty. I plan on driving the car with a tech in the passenger seat so he can hear what is wrong.

Anyway... Will the dealer probably let me have a loaner car for such a small problem? I don't know what merits a loaner car at a dealership. For normal warranty repairs do you think they will offer one? I'm probably going to need one, even if the car is at the dealer for 4-5 hours.
'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
eugenem
eugenem is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Loaner Car?

I doubt you will get a loaner for the front suspension rattle. Loaner car depends on your dealership and whether you may have purchased an extended warranty (some warranties have rental car reimbursement provisions.)

My Saturn dealership did provide a loaner when I had the VUE in for the RDM and rear lateral link recalls. I dropped my VUE off at 8am and picked it up after work that evening. I was given a 2004 ION to drive.

I hope your front suspension rattle gets fixed to your satisfaction.

P.S. Some dealerships have a shuttle service that will drop you off at work, shopping plaza, movie theater, etc. The shuttle will come and pick you up when your car is ready.
eugenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #3
burnout
Master Member

I think it is going to be hit or miss... When I had my pacific blue FWDm, the power steering went out the second day we had it. Took it in, they gave us top notch service, offered us a free lunch and gave us a loaner car. I think this might have been because we JUST bought the car though, and having a problem on a new car doesn't look good. (turned out to be a loose connector)

My vue IS a 2005, but I doubt it'll get the immediate service that the blue vue did, only because i've owned it for months, and not two days :-P
'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD
Old 08-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

I believe if you purchased in extended warranty they will give you a loaner if your vehicle needs to be in the shop overnight. Otherwise it's up to the retailer. If they won't, you might want to talk to the person you purchased the car from and see if they can pull some strings. If you're not leaving it overnight I'd say probably not, they may have a shuttle service but I doubt they'd give a loaner.
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
burnout
Master Member

Yeah, the people at my dealer are REALLY friendly. Always offering things whenever I have even the smallest nitpick. Who knows :-P
'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
Nessuno
Nessuno is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenem
I doubt you will get a loaner for the front suspension rattle. Loaner car depends on your dealership and whether you may have purchased an extended warranty (some warranties have rental car reimbursement provisions.)

My Saturn dealership did provide a loaner when I had the VUE in for the RDM and rear lateral link recalls. I dropped my VUE off at 8am and picked it up after work that evening. I was given a 2004 ION to drive.

I hope your front suspension rattle gets fixed to your satisfaction.

P.S. Some dealerships have a shuttle service that will drop you off at work, shopping plaza, movie theater, etc. The shuttle will come and pick you up when your car is ready.
Wow! You guys in the east must really have nice dealerships! When I got my notice for the recall on my VUE I was told I would have to be picked up by the rental car service, spend an hour or so filling out rental agreements, then when my VUE was ready, I would drop the rental off at Enterprise, pay for the rental myself, be shuttled back to the dealership, submit my rental agreement and then maybe get reimbursed sometime in the future by the dealership!
Nessuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

my retailer provides a loaner whenever they need to keep my saturn overnight. they also have a shuttle to take you to and from places if needed.
eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #8
2004NJVue
Advanced Member
2004NJVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL2

My dealer will not provide a loaner unless its for a recall. You wont get one even for waranty work. I have the extended waranty, but am still on the factory one. If you are desperate, they will drive you somewhere and pick you up (only between certain hours).

My parents dealer will provide loaner for anything, even an oil change. They also have a shuttle service.
Current: 2004 Saturn Vue V6 Awd (purchased new November 04) >130,000 Miles
1996 Saturn SL2 - 300,000 miles
Past Saturns: Ask me
Only live once, enjoy it!
2004NJVue is offline   Reply With Quote