SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
rickpa75
rickpa75 is on a distinguished road

Wrench PIAA Silicone wiper blades

I recieved this in my e-mail (15% off of the PIAA wiper blades) but they only sell the "hook" style. Does anyone know if that is what our Saturns are??

http://www.performanceproducts.com/P...r=2080&ym=true

They seem to be what I'm looking for and with 15% off....it would be a no-brainer.
BTW - DS = 24" - PS = 19"

Thanks,
-Rick
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
rfulcher
rfulcher is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: PIAA Silicone wiper blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpa75
I recieved this in my e-mail (15% off of the PIAA wiper blades) but they only sell the "hook" style. Does anyone know if that is what our Saturns are??
Yes, the VUE's wiper arms are of the hook style.

And thanks for the tip... those look like great wipers. Anyone else have experience with them? On my ungaraged car, wipers don't last any time. I wonder if these "premium" wipers might last a bit longer.

--Rob
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
20VUE06
20VUE06 is on a distinguished road

Actually, I installed SilBlade wipers on my Vue back in August... They have been awesome so far. They are a bit more than regular rubber blades, and a bit less than the PIAAs, I think. I believe I paid around 13-15 bucks for mine, plus they come with a 5 year guarantee (I don't know if PIAA has a warranty). When I replaced my old rubber blades, I slid them into the new silblade sleeve with the receipt and put them in a drawer in case I needed to return them.

The only problem I had initially was the fact that there was some rainX on the windshield and the new silicone chattered like no tomorrow. Once I cleaned the glass with alcohol, twice, the blades have been silent ever since. BTW, my Vue is not garaged kept... the wife gets the nice, clean, warm garage for her Accord.
2004 Vue AWD V6
Old 02-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Too bad they don't have the rear blade, that's the only one I have a need to replace. That one chatters a lot. It's 11" IIRC.
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
20VUE06
20VUE06 is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'll get a set for my wife's Accord and then be able to compare the two. Thanks for the link.
2004 Vue AWD V6
Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #6
SiriusVue
SiriusVue is on a distinguished road

I use the PIAA blades on my Galant. I've used them for well over a year and love them. I will be putting them on my VUE.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
My 1st Ute
My 1st Ute is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Isn't it cheaper to get the inserts and replace the OEM? I replaced the inserts on my maxima, and love the PIAAs, but I would never pay $20 for one wiper blade.

Are the Vue's inserts removeable, or is the only option to swap blades?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
Ryster
Ryster is on a distinguished road

For those who may be interested, the Triplegde silicone blades available at Walmart and Kmart are actually pretty good. I have been using a set on my Durango for a month or so now and they have seen ice and snow. The amazing thing is they simply do not freeze. The blades stay soft even when covered in snow in subzero temperatures. This is something my traditional rubber blades would not do. I will be interested to see how they handle the summer sun/heat.

I looked into the PIAA blades, but the cost was relatively high. When I ran across these Tripledge blades at Walmart for $7 each I went for it. In addition, the Tripledge blades have a lifetime warranty. If they ever tear, break, or wear out while you own your vehicle they will send you a new blade at no charge.

Just thought I would mention them. May be an "entry level" silicone blade for people who want to try silicone but aren't sure if they want to immediately invest in the PIAA blades.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
rickpa75

Just an update - I've been using those new PIAA wipers for about 2 weeks and man they are great! Before, the stock wipers would make that horrible "errrrr" sound with every dang swipe...had to keep playing with the controller which can be dangerous at times.

Anyways, I never thought I'd spend $40 on wiper blades, but so far they are well worth it.

Har!
-Rick
Old 03-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #10
bobwill
bobwill is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

After having a set of Bosch Micro Edge Excels, and recently replacing them as the driver's side was now skipping across the windshield with just the oem blades with a set of Trico replacement blade inserts, I have to say, I'll never spend that much on wiperblades again.
They'll still need to be replaced in less than two years, so might as well stick to the $3.50 per wiper blade refills and replace them every year.
Bob
Old 03-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
rickpa75

Ever since I bought my new Vue, those OEM suckers skipped. They can take those old blades and shove 'em.

If anyone wants mine - they are in a garbage dump in Northern NJ. Happy Hunting.

-Rick
Old 03-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #12
My 1st Ute
My 1st Ute is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

I recently received my blades from this site.... For $20 including shipping, both refills are worth their weight in gold. I have no chatter, and I can already see the effects of the silicone layer these lay down on your windshield.... It's like rain-ex has been applied at highway speeds.

I understand that even at $7 a piece these are still priced high, but I've had them on my Maxima for over 2 years, and they still wipe as good as new. That's what I call "value added".
Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
blaz
blaz is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Canadian Tire (up here) has silicone blades that are nice. But what I really like for winter are their new winter blades that are just a single metal band - the band's curvature and tension holds the wiper very tight against the windshield. None of those complicated little hinges and arms to collect ice in the winter. No flimsy rubber cover. They work great. Not sure if the blade itself is silicone rubber... for the price I would think so

Bruce
Old 03-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #14
Blue Goose
Blue Goose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryster
For those who may be interested, the Triplegde silicone blades available at Walmart and Kmart are actually pretty good. I have been using a set on my Durango for a month or so now and they have seen ice and snow. The amazing thing is they simply do not freeze. The blades stay soft even when covered in snow in subzero temperatures. This is something my traditional rubber blades would not do. I will be interested to see how they handle the summer sun/heat.

I looked into the PIAA blades, but the cost was relatively high. When I ran across these Tripledge blades at Walmart for $7 each I went for it. In addition, the Tripledge blades have a lifetime warranty. If they ever tear, break, or wear out while you own your vehicle they will send you a new blade at no charge.

Just thought I would mention them. May be an "entry level" silicone blade for people who want to try silicone but aren't sure if they want to immediately invest in the PIAA blades.
I tried the triple edge...they chattered and were worse than my stock blade in clearing. I DUG my old blade out of the trash and put it back on...doesn't clear the best but no chatter

I may go to the PIAA...we all dropped about 20K on these things we drive . 20 bucks is a drop in the bucket if they work as advertised
Old 03-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #15
rickpa75

Exactly Goose - good point.

When you have any extra drops - send them on over!!
-Rick
Closed Thread