SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 02-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
bkc888
bkc888 is on a distinguished road

Default Warranty car loaner

Hi all,

My Aura is in the shop under warranty repairs for the tranny. What is the typical rental car allowance under factory warranty? The office Saturn website basically says it varies by dealer. My dealer gave me $25 a day for a rental in Los Angeles. Does that sound reasonable?
bkc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Warranty car loaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc888 View Post
Hi all,

My Aura is in the shop under warranty repairs for the tranny. What is the typical rental car allowance under factory warranty? The office Saturn website basically says it varies by dealer. My dealer gave me $25 a day for a rental in Los Angeles. Does that sound reasonable?

Sounds low by about 5 to 8 bucks. They usually have relationships with a car rental place that agrees to loan you a certain size car for that amount. $25 a day in LA is enough for a scooter. They should provide a loaner of comparable size. I know that when I had a Mercury and took it to the dealer for warranty work, they gave me another Mercury. The Lincoln customers got Lincolns as loaners.
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

My dealer in NY is a $35 allowance (at least that's what I saw on the paperwork). That price got me a Chevy Cobalt once and a Mazda6 another time. Expect an uncomfortable compact car.

What's wrong with your transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc888 View Post
Hi all,

MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

As was previously stated either a) you get a loaner vehicle through enterprise, budget, hertz etc. which is arranged, setup, paid for and taken care of only by the dealership and or the dealership provides another vehicle usually same one you give them or close for a loaner. example chevy always used enterprise, saturn here has there own loaners for example... i take the aura in, i get an aura or vue, i take the vue in i get a vue, i take the ion in i get the ion... there should be no issue with money or cost.. the warranty and dealer provide these without issue. If you are having an issue please contact the GM hotline and or a field rep.. best of luck.. and yeah whats up with the tranny?? bue05
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
VWEnthus
VWEnthus is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I agree with bue05. My local dealer always either gives me a car, or arranges for enterprise to bring one paid.

Giving a small allowance instead of a car wouldn't be acceptable to me. You should definitely complain to GM or go to another dealer imo.
VWEnthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
buffmaloney
buffmaloney is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

If that happened to me, I would pocket the money and use the company van.
buffmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
steveluvs3
steveluvs3 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1997 SC1

they put me in a yukon, free of charge
steveluvs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
markdn2001
markdn2001 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1995 SC2

I to agree that the allowance should be of no issue to you. Saturn here in MI arranged enterprise to pick me up and take me to a nearby Enterprise. There they arranged a car for me to pick up. It was only suppose to be a day but I ended up with three days worth. On the invoice it said it was 34$ a day, I was given a Chevy Cobalt only because they said they didnt have any car available that was equal or more to my Aura at the time and they even said they were sorry about it (this enterprise was a very small branch). Actually the Cobalt was a nice little car! Then when my car was ready I just brought it back to the dealership parked it and gave them the keys. I then left with mine and that was the end of it.
SGT Mark D. U.S. Army
TOTALED Apr 09~ RIPieces ~ 2007 Saturn Aura XR M-Blue
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2494357/1
SOLD Mar 09 ~1995 Saturn SC2,
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/589660
markdn2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdn2001 View Post
Actually the Cobalt was a nice little car!
I'm guessing you're not very tall. That car was a torture chamber for the day I had it. So...incredibly...small.
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Tallboy
Tallboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bue05 View Post
As was previously stated either a) you get a loaner vehicle through enterprise, budget, hertz etc. which is arranged, setup, paid for and taken care of only by the dealership and or the dealership provides another vehicle usually same one you give them or close for a loaner. example chevy always used enterprise, saturn here has there own loaners for example... i take the aura in, i get an aura or vue, i take the vue in i get a vue, i take the ion in i get the ion... there should be no issue with money or cost.. the warranty and dealer provide these without issue. If you are having an issue please contact the GM hotline and or a field rep.. best of luck.. and yeah whats up with the tranny?? bue05

The dealer [or GM for that matter] is in no way bound to giver a loaner/rental car to anyone. Sure, most do it, but they are not "required" to. This is a common misconception of consumers, most of whom have never read a "Dealer Agreement".
08 Aura XE 2.4
03 Mercury Marauder
Trilogy Supercharger #0054
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:54 AM   #11
bue05
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XE

TallBoy,,,, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers.. but you are not informed as well as you think! I am very much a GM Family member almost all of my family has been or are employed by GM and have owned gm cars. It states very clearly in the GM 3/36,000 limited bumper to bumper warranty, and is expressly written/told/spoken/known that any General Motor product under said warranty in the shop for 4 hours or more the dealer and or its subsidaries-sp? must provide said loaner/rental/or means of transportation.. not to exceed the General Motor monetary limit per day herein or with for amentioned shop time and or contract set forth by the dealer and its contracts with said rental units/locations/branches.. etc.etc. etc. please refer to your owners manual and supplimental warranty info. or contact your local General motor field rep... i have never had this issue nor seen anything to dispute it.. sorry.. i have read this line so many times at the back of the owners manual.. sorry to sound so negative.. bue05
p.s. even if this wasn't a GM warranty trademark and standard, it would be in the best interest of that dealership to provide said loaner to a customer when a vehicle is in the shop for an extended period of time.. granted i know honda doesn't follow this rule..... I don't mean to pry, but your statement makes me think you might be a service writer or service advisor?? possible delearship worker?? I actually was fed a line of b.s. from chevy once about a loaner. i looked the guy in the face and said may i borrow your phone i need to call gm and ask them why you are not following warranty protocol. He said let me call over to enterprise and get this taken care of for you. not because he didn't want to keep me as a chevy/gm buyer.. but because it is within the warranty by laws.. sorry i get easily flared over warranty abuse!!!! please forgive me

p.s.s. tomorrow i will try to post the page number and its direct quote regarding this issue..thx
Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
markdn2001
markdn2001 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD112379 View Post
I'm guessing you're not very tall. That car was a torture chamber for the day I had it. So...incredibly...small.
Well im not short at 6' 1", I didnt find it to be that small although I have an SC2 so the Cobalt is bigger to me despite being obviously a different class car then the Aura.

I didnt even have to ask for the loaner, they asked me to take one.
SGT Mark D. U.S. Army
TOTALED Apr 09~ RIPieces ~ 2007 Saturn Aura XR M-Blue
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2494357/1
SOLD Mar 09 ~1995 Saturn SC2,
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/589660
markdn2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Tallboy

Quote:
TallBoy,,,, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers.. but you are not informed as well as you think! I am very much a GM Family member almost all of my family has been or are employed by GM and have owned gm cars. It states very clearly in the GM 3/36,000 limited bumper to bumper warranty, and is expressly written/told/spoken/known that any General Motor product under said warranty in the shop for 4 hours or more the dealer and or its subsidaries-sp? must provide said loaner/rental/or means of transportation.. not to exceed the General Motor monetary limit per day herein or with for amentioned shop time and or contract set forth by the dealer and its contracts with said rental units/locations/branches.. etc.etc. etc. please refer to your owners manual and supplimental warranty info. or contact your local General motor field rep... i have never had this issue nor seen anything to dispute it.. sorry.. i have read this line so many times at the back of the owners manual.. sorry to sound so negative.. bue05
p.s. even if this wasn't a GM warranty trademark and standard, it would be in the best interest of that dealership to provide said loaner to a customer when a vehicle is in the shop for an extended period of time.. granted i know honda doesn't follow this rule..... I don't mean to pry, but your statement makes me think you might be a service writer or service advisor?? possible delearship worker?? I actually was fed a line of b.s. from chevy once about a loaner. i looked the guy in the face and said may i borrow your phone i need to call gm and ask them why you are not following warranty protocol. He said let me call over to enterprise and get this taken care of for you. not because he didn't want to keep me as a chevy/gm buyer.. but because it is within the warranty by laws.. sorry i get easily flared over warranty abuse!!!! please forgive me

p.s.s. tomorrow i will try to post the page number and its direct quote regarding this issue..thx
Used to be a Service Manager for Pontiac. I know the text you're quoting. You're quoting it accurately but mis-interpreting it's meaning. I've actually read a Dealer Agreement. Think of it this way, we used to generate well over a hundred Repair Orders a day. Should we have about 75 rental cars lined up? Think about it. Do most people, if not all, get a car if needed? Absolutely-I made sure of it. However, if I wanted to, I could refuse you a car, and if I really wanted to, I could kick you and your car to the curb. The dealer is not bound to even look at your car if they don't want to, they can refuse service to anyone.

"Alternate transportation" is a ride in the courtesy van. Now if you've purchased a service contract, loaner car coverage is indeed provided. I know you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't. Like I said, unless you've read a dealer agreement, you don't know.
08 Aura XE 2.4
03 Mercury Marauder
Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #14
ARECCE
ARECCE is on a distinguished road

I believe that Saturn's agreement is that if the vehicle is in for an overnight repair the customer qualifies for a rental vehicle. There is no repair time that dictates whether the customer gets a car or not.
ARECCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
bue05
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XE

its 4 hours sorry.. 4 or more hours. tallboy i will accept and agree to some of your statement... used to be a service manager might be due to i would kick you and your car to the curb, why would you want to do that?but at any rate good arguments and information presented on both sides.. I can only tell you i have had no trouble so far, and if ever presented with your idea/method/or rudeness to the issue.. it could become problematic..you wouldn't have a job for long or stay in bussiness. I understand your not going to have that many loaners thats why they are set up usually with local rental stores enough to handle more of the needs and also alot of loaners are by appointment anyways.. and no offense to you tallboy really,,, i don't care for the pontiac line up.. but i do know that gm has to provide transportation if said vehicle is in shop for 4 hours or more... end of story no matter what the dealer agreement/ etc. etc. says.. you are billing GM for this.. so remove head from ass and provide quality customer service and figure it out. I have even seen on ocassion with my grandparents and once myself where the salesman and or one of the sales/service managers had a program car etc. etc. and gave that car to them to use during a service issue and my old saturn salesman who is now in a different saturn location/state gave me his vue once!! THANKS DANIEL! Thats tough loosing a long time salesman.. bue05 p.s.TALLBOY! Sorry, i hope this and or any other of my postings have not upset you or come off as me being mean, i just was venting and stating what i did and so far do not know.. I just get tired of the same old, same old story that is fed to me when i show to the service garage about many issues. I work with the public too and have many *******s daily, but i treat them all the same and provide good service unless they threaten my life... lol. thx for being a good sport though and having an agree to disagree topic. bue05
Old 02-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
Tallboy

Quote:
its 4 hours sorry.. 4 or more hours. tallboy i will accept and agree to some of your statement... used to be a service manager might be due to i would kick you and your car to the curb, why would you want to do that?but at any rate good arguments and information presented on both sides.. I can only tell you i have had no trouble so far, and if ever presented with your idea/method/or rudeness to the issue.. it could become problematic..you wouldn't have a job for long or stay in bussiness. I understand your not going to have that many loaners thats why they are set up usually with local rental stores enough to handle more of the needs and also alot of loaners are by appointment anyways.. and no offense to you tallboy really,,, i don't care for the pontiac line up.. but i do know that gm has to provide transportation if said vehicle is in shop for 4 hours or more... end of story no matter what the dealer agreement/ etc. etc. says.. you are billing GM for this.. so remove head from ass and provide quality customer service and figure it out. I have even seen on ocassion with my grandparents and once myself where the salesman and or one of the sales/service managers had a program car etc. etc. and gave that car to them to use during a service issue and my old saturn salesman who is now in a different saturn location/state gave me his vue once!! THANKS DANIEL! Thats tough loosing a long time salesman.. bue05 p.s.TALLBOY! Sorry, i hope this and or any other of my postings have not upset you or come off as me being mean, i just was venting and stating what i did and so far do not know.. I just get tired of the same old, same old story that is fed to me when i show to the service garage about many issues. I work with the public too and have many *******s daily, but i treat them all the same and provide good service unless they threaten my life... lol. thx for being a good sport though and having an agree to disagree topic. bue05
No offense taken at all. I never refused a loaner car to anyone, nor did I ever refuse service or a warranty repair. My CSI was the highest is the state of Florida among stand alone Pontiac stores, and we were a busy one. Loaner cars are a thing of beauty, no doubt.

My only point was [and still is] that it was not required.
08 Aura XE 2.4
03 Mercury Marauder

Last edited by Tallboy; 02-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
kwelz
kwelz is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

My dealership just gave me an 08 Vue while they were working on mine.
kwelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
steveluvs3
steveluvs3 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1997 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
Used to be a Service Manager for Pontiac. I know the text you're quoting. You're quoting it accurately but mis-interpreting it's meaning. I've actually read a Dealer Agreement. Think of it this way, we used to generate well over a hundred Repair Orders a day. Should we have about 75 rental cars lined up? Think about it. Do most people, if not all, get a car if needed? Absolutely-I made sure of it. However, if I wanted to, I could refuse you a car, and if I really wanted to, I could kick you and your car to the curb. The dealer is not bound to even look at your car if they don't want to, they can refuse service to anyone.

"Alternate transportation" is a ride in the courtesy van. Now if you've purchased a service contract, loaner car coverage is indeed provided. I know you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't. Like I said, unless you've read a dealer agreement, you don't know.

If any dealer had this type attitude they would'nt be in buisness very long
steveluvs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #19
Tallboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveluvs3 View Post
If any dealer had this type attitude they would'nt be in buisness very long
What attitude are you referring to?
08 Aura XE 2.4
03 Mercury Marauder