saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 07-27-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
ionracer30
ionracer30 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-1 Sedan
2007 AURA XE
Default hey got to look at these pics

look in my gallery just did a bunch of stuff to my ion 1. well got the windows tinted, new wheels konig theory 18inch with kumho 215/35/18 tires. and white face guages and hvac. so tell me what yall think. also need opinion on shoudl i lower it and put a wing on it. i have a question though. after i put the wheels on i got a little vibration when i brake. guy at discount said might have a warped rotor if you over torque the wheels. or tires might need re balanceing. or wheels are warped . look at wheels and they are fine. thought it might have something to do with the hub centric rings that came with them i dont know ii am just going to take it to saturn and let them look at it. anyway guys take a look at my gallery and voice your opinion.
ionracer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
IonNinja
Advanced Member
IonNinja is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: hey got to look at these pics

wow 215/35/18 tires...rubberband style. You should have went with 215/40/18 or 225/40/18. Those tires look way too small to me. On the vibrating issue, they probably just need to be rebalanced. I'm sure its nothing serious.
2005 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan
IonNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
hemken
hemken is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Heywhere did you get that hvac overlay amd the black emblems. Looks great!!
hemken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
blasterguy128
blasterguy128 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2003 VUE 2.2L

I'm pretty sure he got the gauge face and hvac from blackcatcustom.com

On that note, how hard were they to install?

Looks good. I'm interested in those black emblems too, I was just going to paint mine.

I would lower it and put the short factory spoiler on, nothing bigger.
Drive it like you stole it.
blasterguy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
papado1
papado1 is on a distinguished road

Your car looks Grrrreat. How much did it cost for the white faced gages and how hard was it to remove and replace, how does it look at night? If you can take some pictures so we can see how it looks at night. Did you paint the bezel around the gages or did you buy a different one? Too many questions,but I really like how it looks.
Tint adds more class to the apperance.
Rims and new tires look awesome as far as lowering your ride I woulden't, those bigger rims and tires fill out the wheel well good.
As far as the wing yea do it just so long as it dont take away from everything else that you have going on. Something like the Red Line might look good.
If we ever hear how the project is going with the ION that Speedmafia is working on and everything is the right price and HP, maybe we can buy one of his.
papado1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
papado1
papado1 is on a distinguished road

Now that I took alittle closer look at your car the stock spoiler would look better.
papado1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
FL ION BY
FL ION BY is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Looks really cool.... spoiler would look awesome.
Previous Saturn cars: 1993 SL2 Blue/Green, 1999 SC1 2-Door Dark Blue, 2003 ION3 Black
FL ION BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 AM   #8
blasterguy128
blasterguy128 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2003 VUE 2.2L

Gauge face plates : http://www.blackcatcustom.com/Ion.htm

Depending on what style you get determines the price. What he bought was probably the combo which cost $99 w/shipping.
Drive it like you stole it.
blasterguy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #9
RichSoucie
RichSoucie is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

take your wheels off cut off the little metal lock rings there should be two per wheel.(can't remeber if the backs had them) anyway that will solve your vibration when braking problem
RichSoucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
ionracer30

2005 ION-1 Sedan
2007 AURA XE

thanks for the opinions guys. as far as the gauges go i got the ones that were 99 dollars with shipping. and i didnt paint them or buy a different bezel around the guages thats the stock one now the unless your talking about the one around the radio i bought that off ebay from a guy that wrecked his red line. the emblems i painted. the gauges were easy to do took about 10 mins to replace.
just take gauge cover off it just pops off like the radio bezel except for one bolt in the middle which you take off the radio one to get at then gauges have 2 bolts . the pod has clips to remove the back then i used 2 butter knives to pry the neddles off peel the old one off and put the new one in and put it all back together. and thats it.
hey where are the lock rings you are talking about . are they on the wheel itself or on the car
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 PM   #11
trasher
trasher is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Hey I just see that you have 3 buttons (one is for the back glass defrost) on your fan panel. I have a 2005 Ion1 and I only got 1. Do you have A/C ? If so, I thought it was unavailable on the Ion 1 level.
trasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:45 PM   #12
ionracer30

2005 ION-1 Sedan
2007 AURA XE

yes i have ac on my ion 1 and it came with it. i dont know why yours didnt. i always thought that all new cars have ac in them. also i tried cutting the lock rings off but still the problem i am going to take it and have the tires balanced
Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #13
Speed Mafia
Speed Mafia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by papado1
If we ever hear how the project is going with the ION that Speedmafia is working on and everything is the right price and HP, maybe we can buy one of his.
I did see a ion with no wing, lowered, 18 or 19" rims, tinted and exhaust...looked sweet very stealthy i really kind of liked that look

oh and the 04 QC ION II i finished that about 2 months ago it made 212hp and something like 240tq and the wheels with just the little tuning i did and then the customer wife didnt like the sound and hp so that kit was sold to Troy (tootmaker) over on turbosaturns.com and he is installing it on his car right now and should have it done by the end of this week.

he is in a manual tranny so he should make allot more hp over that VTI ion i did.

but more and more i see these little cars more i love the look!
Speed Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by trasher
Hey I just see that you have 3 buttons (one is for the back glass defrost) on your fan panel. I have a 2005 Ion1 and I only got 1. Do you have A/C ? If so, I thought it was unavailable on the Ion 1 level.
A/C was optional on the ION 1 for $960.00. It is rare to find any ION without A/C, though. We have had 1 ION 1 without A/C at work, and it was literally a typo on the sales's manager's part. Everyone griped that it would be on the lot forever, and luck had it a customer who had an SL without A/C came in about a week later, saw it, fell in love with it, and drove away in it.

A/C is now optional on the ION 2 since the ION 1 has been discontinued.

~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #15
Speed Mafia
Speed Mafia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy
A/C was optional on the ION 1 for $960.00. It is rare to find any ION without A/C, though. We have had 1 ION 1 without A/C at work, and it was literally a typo on the sales's manager's part. Everyone griped that it would be on the lot forever, and luck had it a customer who had an SL without A/C came in about a week later, saw it, fell in love with it, and drove away in it.

A/C is now optional on the ION 2 since the ION 1 has been discontinued.

~D.J.~
All be damn! no AC can get bad if you life in a hot state could not even imagine it!
Speed Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote