SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds

Old 03-20-2020, 11:02 PM   #1
Timberhitch
Timberhitch is on a distinguished road

Default FS: 2001 Saturn SL2 Manual $500 Northern IL

Hey Y'all,

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I'm selling my 2001 Saturn SL2 with a manual transmission. It's burgundy and has been a blast. We have a little over 304,000 miles on it, engine rebuilt at 189,XXX. I'm terribly sad to sell her but it's too the point where my wife needs a more reliable vehicle.

The Saturn's been a great car and would be a perfect parts car. It's at the point where I was going to just list it on Craigslist but because i've learned so much from this forum I thought I would see if anyone could use it here first.

The good: I've got a ton of new parts into it, (blower motor, blower motor resistor, serpentine belt, battery, starter, exhaust, water pump, thermometer, bearings, coils, wires, and plugs, I have two sets of tires and rims for it, Tires are in good shape, tie rods, AC Delco metal coolant fix/hack, and a ton of others. I've only used synthetic oil and the engine is in pretty good shape. I still get around 32-35 mpg but it does leak a little oil, about a quart every 1000 miles (I think I need a new gasket on the oil drain plug but it could be something else)

The bad: front left control arm is starting to go, back passenger door won't latch and is currently ratchet strapped shut, front bumper broke when I hit debris in the road this summer and so that's been chopped. There is also rust on the rear passenger side frame, and the shifter needs a cheap repair.

I don't have any pictures up now but I'll go out tomorrow and take some if it's not raining. I hope I can find it a good home. I'm done with grad school and so I'd like to sell it fairly quickly because we're heading back to MN soon. Feel free to ask any questions. I'd rather sell it to someone on this forum than just scrap it or sell it on craigslist.

Thanks for your time,

Tim

Last edited by Timberhitch; 03-20-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Timberhitch is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links