SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 03-25-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Iamgoat
Iamgoat is on a distinguished road

Default transmission problemo

hey guys, first I would just like to say thanks to the many threads i have read and re read and has helped me so much with this saturn. i don't know who yopu are but thanks everybody

ok so i was driving through a puddle the other day and in the puddle i guess there was a huge pothole and it ripped what I think is the transmission cooler (looks like a small radiator in front of the radiator) and it dragged for a minute. I believe this car had a front end wreck before so the bolts were probably loose to begin with.

the car:

2001 saturn sc2 5 speed 1.9L

180k miles

anyway i got it put back up, but there is fluid leaking everywhere.

first i thought maybe i put a whole in the tranny itself bc it's leaking all over the bell housing.

but in the morning i will jack it up and see...

maybe could of knocked the bolts on the pan loose and bent it?

i'll get some pics up tomarrow but iif it was the transmission coolwer why would fluid be leaking all over the back?

i guess im asking if that is indeed a transmission cooler and what you guys think..

fix or scrap? before this the car ran good just gotta check the oil but clutch shifted fine but it does have high miles but i bought it with 600 bucks..

pictures tomarrow
Iamgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 03:06 AM   #2
Iamgoat

Default Re: transmission problemo

SORRY guys I ment to post this one in the SATURN S SERIES TECH FORUM
Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Iamgoat

Ok so i was looking and I wAS GONNA TAKE THE TRANSMISSION COOLER OFF BUT THERE WAS LIKE GREEN **** COMING OUT OF THE LINE... I COULD RTAke a pic to show you guys

and there is metal shavings under the traNSMISSION BELL HOUSING
Old 03-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

You should either private message Charlie the Admin to move this thread to the S-series Tech forums or let this thread die and repost everything over there. Each forum with members share info you're not likely to find in the L-series forums.

And if I'm not mistaken, your descriptions of a xmission cooler in front of the radiator is likely the ac condenser coil. All Saturns with ac use r134a refrigerant with dye mixed in refrigerant oil. When damage occurs to ac systems, refrigerant, oil and dye are released from the pressurized system. Dye is greenish yellow and glows under a uv blacklight. The only other fluid that's green might be green antifreeze but that's in the cooling system.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote