SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 03-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Saving 25% on every Advance Auto purchase

The last 3 purchases at Advance Auto have all been online not registering with an account. I select the parts, and arrange for in-store pickup.

I check out as a guest, and there system applies 25% off.
I have cross checked the same parts with 3-4 other parts retailers and Advance beats them every time.

See if it works in for you.
toggenburg is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2
Default Re: Saving 25% on every Advance Auto purchase

Why would you do this as a guest? If you have an account you can have every record of every order that you make from AA on hand (so nice when you need warranties)

I tried showing a pic of mine... but I have all my paperwork all the way back since 2010, it's cheaper then buying in the store... plus you have your receipt.... use retailmenot to get the same 25% off coupon
Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Miles(k) 2013~15
94 HCE ~180
05 Vue 3.5 87~140
98 SL1 260~426
08 Outlook XE 20~160
95 SC2 ~128

Past
96 SW2, 98 SL2
160k+ 95 SL,98 SW2, 03 Vue-I4
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

If they have it in stock Advance usually beats everyone else with their coupon codes. If they don't have it in stock, Amazon kills everyone else (especially with Prime membership).

Actually, the last part I needed was about $6 cheaper and days faster to get at the dealer than any of the "big 3" aftermarket places (Napa, AAP/Oreilly's, AZ) even before adding in their $7+ shipping & handle charge's. They even beat Amazon/Ebay for the particular part...I was so confused leaving there having saved money
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #4
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
If they have it in stock Advance usually beats everyone else with their coupon codes. If they don't have it in stock, Amazon kills everyone else (especially with Prime membership).

Actually, the last part I needed was about $6 cheaper and days faster to get at the dealer than any of the "big 3" aftermarket places (Napa, AAP/Oreilly's, AZ) even before adding in their $7+ shipping & handle charge's. They even beat Amazon/Ebay for the particular part...I was so confused leaving there having saved money
What part was cheaper at the dealer fetch? It's hard finding dealerships that have S-series on hand.... most of them have wrote off all of it all ready....
Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Miles(k) 2013~15
94 HCE ~180
05 Vue 3.5 87~140
98 SL1 260~426
08 Outlook XE 20~160
95 SC2 ~128

Past
96 SW2, 98 SL2
160k+ 95 SL,98 SW2, 03 Vue-I4
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Was a Subaru part, dealer wanted $8 for it off the shelf while the parts stores wanted $15(or more!) + $10 s/h and days to get here.
Though...the last actual S-Series part I bought (years ago) was the big bolt in the rear suspension, even Fastenal wanted $20+ per bolt while the dealer gave me a pair of them for $20.

I can't find S-Series worth buying for under $2000 now. Used to be a dime a dozen but they all rusted out; the ones that haven't still get 35+ MPG so people expect us to pay $$$$ for the privilege despite gas being practically free.
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:11 AM   #6
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturninin View Post
Why would you do this as a guest?
Perhaps some people don't care to have their personal information spread out
to another entity and would rather not be a part of another data breach.
Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #7
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

^^ This is exactly why I do this, thanks ^^
Old 03-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Raincitygears
Raincitygears is a jewel in the roughRaincitygears is a jewel in the roughRaincitygears is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL1
1999 SL2

About a year ago, one of the counter guys at my local Advanced Auto confirmed as much about those discounts being applied every single time. He recommended that I buy everything online and then pick it up, as that will always be cheaper than their in-store price.
Raincitygears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #9
onlinebiker
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
Was a Subaru part, dealer wanted $8 for it off the shelf while the parts stores wanted $15(or more!) + $10 s/h and days to get here.
Though...the last actual S-Series part I bought (years ago) was the big bolt in the rear suspension, even Fastenal wanted $20+ per bolt while the dealer gave me a pair of them for $20.

I can't find S-Series worth buying for under $2000 now. Used to be a dime a dozen but they all rusted out; the ones that haven't still get 35+ MPG so people expect us to pay $$$$ for the privilege despite gas being practically free.
They are getting harder to find - but they' re still out there.

We picked up our third 96 SC2 (dark green, manual) a Nevada car - from a retired GM engineer ( who has his mechanics license) - very good condition - exceptionally solid underbody with 155,000 miles on it - for $1000.

You just have to keep looking.

I check Craigslist everyone I get online.
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcher View Post
Perhaps some people don't care to have their personal information spread out
to another entity and would rather not be a part of another data breach.
I get that, but you don't have to give Advance much info, and only the email address has to be correct

You can lie about your name and address and use a free disposable email account if you want.

Only a couple of my email addresses contain real name info, none of my accounts have my real DOB (my standard procedure is to give incorrect DOB info, though I might put in the correct year or close to it if I think the demographic info is useful). A few have my real address but that's minor, as it is already basically published and available info.
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #11
toggenburg
Master Member

2001 SL1

"You can lie about"....

"TRUTH"
Is becoming an endangered species.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #12
Chub
Chub will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2

You can always get 25% off or better from Advance by going to online coupon sites. Not that I like advertising but I always use RetailMeNot.com and they have a 25% coupon every day. Sometimes they randomly have 35% off sales too advertised on there. Happy couponing.
1995 SC2: Back on the road again after my second engine rebuild in two years.
Chub is offline   Reply With Quote