BCM 0 0%
key fob 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #1
2006 ion 2 manu
2006 ion 2 manu is on a distinguished road

Devil Possessed Ion, looking for skilled exorcist

I parked my 2006 ion for about 6 weeks. Nobody drove it. Took it to doctors office other day and noticed door locks were trying to relock intermittently while i was driving down the road, also noticed intirior cieling and map lights were coming on and going off intermittently. Parked it when i got home and alarm started going off randomly. I get key fob hit some buttons to make it stop but it keeps doing it. Also noticed while it was parked the interior lights would randomly come on and go off by themselves. I was thinking BCM at first but not really sure. Then I decided to diconnect the battery overnight to try resetting all the elctronics to see if that would fix it, didnt work. I called the dealer, they ran my vin and said theyre were no recalls on my car. Im 90% sure that if i leave the car unlocked the alarm doesnt go off but if i lock it the alarm goes off when parked (makes sense if its a faulty sensor somewhere). The wierd part is the car was fine before I left for vacation, its odd that i come home and its possessed after sitting 6 weeks untouched. Heres a little background, 2006 ion 2 with a 5 speed, 4 door, 150k, im second owner, i bought it off the first owner at 125k, she had the car serviced at the same dealer she purchased it from since new. Serviced reguraly. The car is imaculate/clean/was very lightly used and every thing worked 100% until this. Only modification on whole vehicle is LED headlights /bulbs i installed last winter for better brightness/visability. Only thing I could say bad about the car is i hit a deer with it two summers ago and wrinkled a small portion of the hood near the latch. It was a slow hit about 30 mph, suprisingly little damage never fixed it cuz its hardly noticible. I wondered if theres a hood latch sensor? that would be strange for it to act up two years after the accident. So right now Im going to check all door sensors, hood and trunk latch sensor. As im writing this Im leaning twards faulty door sensor. If nobody has any input im just documenting my case here to mabye help others in the future, will update soon.
2006 ion 2 manu is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links