SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
fmctaurus
fmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL1
Default Anyone here Use SAFECO Auto Insurance

I've been with GEICO for over 15 years, but their premiums were going through the roof; about $1,150 per year for liability. I decided to shop around using Select Quotes, and they came up with SAFECO, with a yearly premium of about $800 for the same coverage. I was suspicious, so I did some online research, and SAFECO seemed to rank in the top 15 according to JD Powers. They seemed to be no better or worse than your top insurance providers, like GEICO, State Farm, etc...., so I signed up, and hope I won't regret it. During my years with GEICO, I never filed a claim (knock on wood), and hope it continues that way. Anyone here use SAFECO?

PS: Original quote was for $680, but when I removed my wife from the policy; she has an expired license, and hasn't driven for over 10 years, my premium went up to $800. Apparently (the SAFECO rep explained to me), two people on the policy is a lower risk than one; I still don't believe it!

George
fmctaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: Anyone here Use SAFECO Auto Insurance

Safeco user since July 6, 2012. Pleased with the lower rates AND the fact that, say, your wife owns the house and her insurance, you can STILL take the discount..
97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
fmctaurus
fmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the roughfmctaurus is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL1

That's good to hear. Thanks.
fmctaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

SAFECO for close to 5 years. No increases. Only claim I ever had was for a windshield on the F150. ( comprehensive ) Was repaired, in my parking lot at work, less than 24 hours later. For zero cost to me, and with an OEM replacements ( FORD ) windshield no lees. ( SAFECO considers windshields, headlights, taillights, mirrors and several other bits as "safety equipment" - no deductible applies.)
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote