|07-19-2004, 04:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: northern va
replace fuel filter - 2000 LW2 wagon
My 2000 LW2 3.0L V6 is almost to 100K miles and one of the things I need to do is replace the fuel filter - No problem..
1)First it's important to get rid of the fuel line pressure, so I removed the fuel pump fuse which is located my the drivers left leg. Once you remove the plastic cover look in side to see a diagram of the fuses. The fuel pump is the fuse under the two large fuses, but it's the small fuses.
2)Now start the car, it should cut-out on you. Try to start a couple more times.
3)The fuel filter is located up from the fight rear tire (you are look at the car from the rear)
4) No need to put the car on ramps
5) unscrew the philips head screw which holds the filter in place
6) We will need to disconnect both sides of the fuel filter. Get some rags, so when you disconnect gas will come out for a second.
7) The hoses are connected by a green clip that you need to press closest to the filter - no screw drive
8) push in both sides, you will hear a snap
9) Pull out the hose
10) Now do the other side
11) Slide the filter out
12) With a flat head push the green plastic connector over the bump on the filter - both sides.
13)Get the new fuel filter (should be no more than $22)
14) Remember which end connects to what end.
15) put the green plastic clips on the new filter
- If you damage the clip do NOT USE go and get a new set from parts
16) slid the new filter in and connect both hoses
17) screw the clamp back in place
18) install the fuse back
19) start the car, it might take a couple of starts.
Your done and saved $100 or more...
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2000 LW2 V-6 Wagon to sell or part out?||me2003||L-Series General||3||01-06-2010 04:19 PM|
|How to replace fuel filter for 2000 LS1?||melissa.bluth13||L-Series Tech||1||12-11-2009 11:17 AM|
|purchased a 2000 LW2 Wagon V6||greasemonkey26||L-Series General||3||11-20-2009 01:08 AM|
|2000 LW2 Wagon V6 intermittant start||CAC4||L-Series Tech||1||10-20-2006 06:14 AM|
|2000 LW2 Wagon V6 intermittant start||CAC4||L-Series Tech||2||09-19-2006 06:03 PM|