SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
Ericncoral
Ericncoral is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Help with a SL2

Hello everybody, I am a new owner of a 94 sl2 with 120,000. It runs great for the most part, when I bought it I tuned it up. I put new plugs (OEM) and cables(oem). Along with that I changed the oil and had to put in a shift cable because its a five speed. One day I was driving it and it started to bogg down and barley chugging along, so I went to this site and got some tips ( you guys are great ) and unplugged my egr valve and it cured it right away. So I went and picked up a new one and put it on, plugged it in and the same thing was happing??? So I thought that I had a problem with the egr selanoid and replaced it to and still have the same problem. I had a code 32 before I replaced the egr and now I do not have any codes, so what I am asking is what else can it be? I thought if you unplug it and it runs fine then its the egr? I just drive it to work about10 miles round trip. No ruff or long haul driving. Any help would be great THANKS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ericncoral's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ericncoral reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Board.

How old is the fuel filter? Does it feel like an ignition problem? Check the plug wires and coils. The wires for opens and the coils to see if they are corroded or if they are leaking spark.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:12 PM   #3
auxmike
auxmike is on a distinguished road

Clogged or breaking up cat?Does it sound like loose rocks are in the cat?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to auxmike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help auxmike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2004, 12:08 AM   #4
Ericncoral
Ericncoral is on a distinguished road

coils and wires are in great shape, I was wonder about the cat. I hear a rattle every now and then from that area, mainly when I reach high RPMs. Will a bad cat make you lose power like that. What about the o2 sensor, would that have anything to do with it.
Thank you for the help . Ever since I found this site my wife has gotten mad at me for spending so much time on here. This site is outstanding, this site should be a selling point for Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ericncoral's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ericncoral reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
auxmike
auxmike is on a distinguished road

If the cat is breaking up into chunks and restricting the flow of exhaust out of the tailpipe,then yes,it would rob you of power.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to auxmike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help auxmike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2004, 01:00 AM   #6
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Crawl underneath the car, and tap on the cat with a hammer. If you hear the rocks, time for a new cat.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2004, 01:08 AM   #7
94sc2boy
94sc2boy is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

Quote:
Thank you for the help . Ever since I found this site my wife has gotten mad at me for spending so much time on here. This site is outstanding, this site should be a selling point for Saturn.
You are dead on. Now I can only buy Saturns!

I just replaced my cat and I realized all the power I had been missing. You can hear the exhaust sound a lot stronger.

A muffler shop can Identify it in a few minutes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94sc2boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94sc2boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread