SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If You Didn't Buy Your Current Saturn, Which Would You Have Bought Instead?
Domestic (GM) 46 32.39%
Domestic (Other) 21 14.79%
Import 75 52.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question If You Didn't Buy Your Current Saturn, Which Would You Have Bought Instead?

If you didn't buy your current Saturn, what would you have bought instead? A foreign or domestic model? Which one?

Thanks for posting!
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2003, 01:28 AM   #2
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

A GM Domestic.

Most likely a Chevy or Pontiac.

I'm getting to the point of wanting a Saab 9-3 or Caddy CTS. Would Saab be counted as Domestic cause it's owned by GM or Import?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 02:33 AM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Xanatos
Would Saab be counted as Domestic cause it's owned by GM or Import?
Good question... I know my answer is debatable, but for this question I would consider it a GM product. Also... only Ford, Dodge, Plymouth (RIP), and Chrysler products should grouped in the 'Domestic (Other)' category.

Hope that helps,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:34 AM   #4
lamoore
lamoore is on a distinguished road

Default Another Toyota, I'd assume

Well, as the last two cars I owned before the Satty were both Toyotas, and with a even Honda before them, I think I'd have been back in one of those.

That of course, because the neither the WRX nor the EVO were available back then.

Lawton

'98 SC2, intake and wheels, Clarion Pro audio, Clifford security

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lamoore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lamoore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:56 AM   #5
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

I was considering the Ford escape and chevy impala.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:07 AM   #6
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Most recently was considering a Pontiac Vibe.

SixFlagsForum.com
VeggieBoards.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:30 AM   #7
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

The other choice was a CRV.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
y2chuck
Advanced Member
y2chuck is on a distinguished road

I gave the Celica a good hard look before getting the coupe but it was just too small. If I didn't get the SC, most likely would have been a Chev Monte Carlo or Astek.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to y2chuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help y2chuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #9
Roly
Roly is on a distinguished road

A Toyota Matrix; great and practical little car, but was out of stock......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Roly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Roly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:15 AM   #10
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

none of the other GM products interest me at all. ok maybe a v8 powered Pontiac Firebird Formula or Trans Am but I wasn't ready to pay $2000 or more a year for insurance.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:31 AM   #11
FL ION BY
FL ION BY is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

If Saturn did not exist I would be a Toyota customer.

Previous Saturn cars: 1993 SL2 Blue/Green, 1999 SC1 2-Door Dark Blue, 2003 ION3 Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL ION BY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL ION BY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:43 AM   #12
ksteward
ksteward is on a distinguished road

2003 Honda EX-L
~$24,500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ksteward's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ksteward reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:05 AM   #13
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

Volkswagen Jetta wagon TDI. Luckily for Saturn though, the Element wasn't yet available, or I would have had one of those in the driveway instead of the VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:08 AM   #14
got2fly
got2fly is on a distinguished road

I probably would have bought a Toyota or Honda. I hated my Chevrolet, and I don't like the way most domestic dealers treat you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to got2fly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help got2fly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:44 AM   #15
bennett9000
bennett9000 has a spectacular aura aboutbennett9000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie
only Ford, Dodge, Plymouth (RIP), and Chrysler products should grouped in the 'Domestic (Other)' category.
And Lincoln and Mercury, Charlie.

I voted "Domestic-Other". I can't bring myself to go all-out import, and GM really doesn't inspire me these days, apart from the GTP and the Vibe GT (which is an import).

That's why I bought the Cougar instead of a second Saturn. I wanted a V6, and I can't see myself driving an L-Series (no offense- just personal taste).

If you ask my dad, the L-Series is an import as well with their euro V6 (not to mention the Honda V6 in the upocoming VUE models )

Soon it will all be a moot point.

-Andy

01 SL1 (2011-2014) • 99 SW2 (2002-2009) • 95 SL2 (1997-2002)
00 ROUSH Cougar V6 • 03 SVT Focus #2370 • 08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 • 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bennett9000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bennett9000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #16
IndyVUE
IndyVUE is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2003 VUE 3.0L

We had a Toyota, would have probably replaced with another. (If I could have justified a Sequoia to my wife!)

Impressed with the Saturn, would not trade it for another make, Saturn should ALWAYS keep the plastic!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IndyVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IndyVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #17
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

I was torn between getting a Volvo XC70 or an Impala 9c1. But I fell in love with the Saturn Vue. I'm considering getting the XC70 or XC90 next time I'm in the market for a vehicle...

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #18
benpatient
benpatient is on a distinguished road

actually, the vibe is domestic. yes, it's a matrix, but the matrix is also domestic.

in fact, a lot of "imports" are made here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to benpatient's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help benpatient reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #19
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

i would have probly went to V-Dub way

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #20
Charlie
Administrator

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by bennett9000
And Lincoln and Mercury, Charlie.
Yes, you're right. In my haste, I neglected to mention those as well. Good catch!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread