SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
ejscarfo
ejscarfo is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 Vue 2.2L 5spd - Clutch Safety Switch

I've been thru only one switch so far in over 100k. The first time, it was an easy diagnostic, I'd depress the clutch, turn the key and nothing. Then I would let up on the clutch, depress again and it would start. Now I am getting that again so I ordered a new part as no one in the neighborhood has it currently in stock. It won't be here until next week so here's my question. Should the switch actually go while I am waiting for the new part, can I just jump out the 2 wires temporarily? Will it hurt anything in the electrical system? Obviously, I would only do this in an emergency and with the car out of gear.

---------------------------
2004 Saturn Vue FWD 5 spd
2014 Honda Accord LX
2013 Honda Civic LX
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Pontiac Trans Am

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ejscarfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ejscarfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ejscarfo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
underthehood
Master Member
underthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2004 Vue 2.2L 5spd - Clutch Safety Switch

No harm in jumping it. Most of my man shift cars I just did that anyway. Just remember to always put the clutch in or stick it in neutral

2006 Toyota Highlander (rare 4 cyl AWD)
2001 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD creampuff
Daughter got her own! 2005 Lexus ES330 Dream Ride

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to underthehood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help underthehood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
underthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
tcndeb
tcndeb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

My switch is also headed south after 250,000 miles. I assume there is no adjustment on these switches?

'04 Base Model Vue, 2.2, 5 Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcndeb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcndeb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
tcndeb

2004 VUE 2.2L

Pulled my switch, seperated the case, cleaned all the black junk out of the contact area, put in a little dielectric grease, reassembled and the thing works great now. Very easy to refurb.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tcndeb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I have 160 thousand miles now and never had an issue but I have had other Chevy vehicles over the years where I just jumpered the wire harness with a paper clip. I guess I'll have to check this in the spring. I'm starting to wonder what might go at this mileage as I'm doing a 100 mile a day round trip commute for another 8 to 12 months. I'm driving home every night at midnight wondering how long this thing is gonna last.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
tcndeb

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk63 View Post
I have 160 thousand miles now and never had an issue but I have had other Chevy vehicles over the years where I just jumpered the wire harness with a paper clip. I guess I'll have to check this in the spring. I'm starting to wonder what might go at this mileage as I'm doing a 100 mile a day round trip commute for another 8 to 12 months. I'm driving home every night at midnight wondering how long this thing is gonna last.
Don't know your year or engine, but I've got 240,000 on mine. I also drive a 100 mile round trip comute.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!