SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
bdubs
bdubs is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Winter Wheel Question

I've searched the forums and found a few threads about wheels that bolt right up. i'm looking to get a cheap set for winter tires.

Am I correct that the 5-lub wheels from the cobalt will bolt right up with no issues?

Same thing with Saab 9-3 wheels? same bolt battern and center bore, offset is a little different.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bdubs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bdubs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Winter Wheel Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubs View Post
I've searched the forums and found a few threads about wheels that bolt right up. i'm looking to get a cheap set for winter tires.

Am I correct that the 5-lub wheels from the cobalt will bolt right up with no issues?

Same thing with Saab 9-3 wheels? same bolt battern and center bore, offset is a little different.
All of those should work. Also 5-bolt Pontiac G5s & G6s, and Chevy Malibus and HHRs. The specs you're after are 5x110 with a 65mm bore.

CadiEldo67 had a set for sale a few months ago. He's in NY so you might want to fire off a Pmail to him.

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
bdubs

2008 Astra XE

I just found a local guy (he owns a cab company) and is selling a bunch of HHR wheels. picking a set of steelies up tomorrow for $70. Now to buy the winter tires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bdubs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
ak_47_00
ak_47_00 is on a distinguished road

1996 Saab 900se wheels on mine. (16")

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ak_47_00's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ak_47_00 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ak_47_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
bdubs

2008 Astra XE

the saab wheels didn't work out. The HHR wheels from the cabie work great. The offset is a little difference so the inside face of the wheel is closer to the caliper but there are no interference issues.

My Astra has been all suited up and ready for winter (snow tires and stuch) just waiting for snow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!