SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
clb79
clb79 is on a distinguished road

Default ? About replacing Driver Side Mirror

I need to replace my driver's side mirror which was knocked loose and improperly glued and now is beyond repair. I have found them on several websites. I am a little confused though...

Its a power mirror, is there a difference between the ones that say Power/heated and what I need? I don't think the current mirrors are heated, but maybe I just never noticed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to clb79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help clb79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
clb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
LastL4Banger
LastL4Banger is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: ? About replacing Driver Side Mirror

It's easy to tell if it's heated. It will have a box with three squiggly arrows on it. If it's too far gone, check the passenger side. Are you just replacing the glass or the whole assembly? my driver side mirror glass is cracked right down the middle and I havent got around to replacing it yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LastL4Banger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LastL4Banger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LastL4Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
clb79
clb79 is on a distinguished road

I did see that some websites distinguished the difference between Powered and Heated and just Powered.

The mirror is intact its the black plastic triangle that mounts the mirror to the car that has been broken, and the foam material between that and the door that was used glued to hold it in place has also been stretched out a lot.

Had it been glued with the proper type of glue the first time I think I could have salvaged it, but I let it go too long without trying to fix it and now I think I am better off replacing the whole thing.

I haven't seen anything online that isn't the whole assembly (mirror included) and it looks like I can get one primed and ready to paint for about 30 bucks, which seems reasonable to me and that is the route I think I am going to take. I had thought about seeing if I can get the assembly with or without the mirror at a junkyard, but for the price on a new one it doesn't seem like its worth the hassle.

Last edited by clb79; 06-30-2010 at 11:40 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to clb79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help clb79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
clb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
KLS1P
KLS1P is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Your best bet at this point is to replace the whole mirror fo $30. Your mirror is most likely heated. Get the little touch up spray can and some clear coat and your done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KLS1P's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KLS1P reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KLS1P is offline   Reply With Quote