SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #1
SL1Noob
SL1Noob is a jewel in the roughSL1Noob is a jewel in the roughSL1Noob is a jewel in the rough

Default buying orginal 1996 SL2 passenger motor mount and dogbone.

buying orginal 1996 SL2 passenger motor mount and dogbone.

If have some or know where I can get some let me know.

Tried after market and they died within a year.

Just got my exaughst all fixed up I don't want to ruin it with my shakey engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL1Noob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL1Noob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL1Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: buying orginal 1996 SL2 passenger motor mount and dogbone.

I can no longer locate the Ebay seller who had probably the last original top mount (he was ~$150), but this one appears ok, and has a 5-year warranty (if you don't mind redoing it under warranty every year or less!).

Seriously, for $18.10 delivered, how good could it really be?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Moto...kAAOSwbl9dHFkG

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Just get the solid style mount or fill the frowny style with 3M WindowWeld.

Helps to fill the transmission mount as well and swap the dogbone inserts with Prothane 7510's (if your current ones have the swappable insert style dogbones).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Unless someone finds another batch of OE passenger side mounts, they are gone forever. I’ve heard Westar or DEA to be at least a decent replacement. I personally have no experience with either though. Westar does have a longer warranty though (1 year vs 6 months). You’re gonna be replacingg passenger mounts more often though once you go aftermarket so it may be more worth it to find one locally with a lifetime warranty. Advanced auto carries Anchor mounts with a lifetime warranty, but there unfortunately the frowny design.

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
SL1Noob
SL1Noob is a jewel in the roughSL1Noob is a jewel in the roughSL1Noob is a jewel in the rough

Thank you all for the replies, I have been busy job hunting and this has been not the top of my priority as it should be. I will take all your advice to heart. It's sad to see that the originals are all gone.

Are junkyards still a possible option or are they probably just as bad or worse than mine???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL1Noob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL1Noob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL1Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #6
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

You can try the junkyard. There’s a way to test if a mount is good or not with a pen. The after market mounts look pretty much identical to the OE ones though so you’d probably be better off just getting a new after market one.

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles