SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #61
vikasevan
vikasevan has a spectacular aura aboutvikasevan has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Took a gamble, bought a tech2 clone (Tech2Win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

RobertGary1 posted the link in another thread

Any of you guys know if you need a subscription to program a new RKE fob for a third gen, or if you can do without the subscribtion?

Deciding if I wan to buy or just pay a dealer

I have to enable cruise control in 2001 Saturn SL2 so I believe its 3rd gen and I need to program the BCM with firmware that includes Cruise Control ....so what kind of acdelco subscription I need?

I went to this web page https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions# But could not decide which I need? Do I need vehicle programming software which is 40$ per car for 2 years?

Or do I need more than one subscription .one for diagnostic and one for VIN programming?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vikasevan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vikasevan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vikasevan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #62
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Quote:
https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

RobertGary1 posted the link in another thread

Any of you guys know if you need a subscription to program a new RKE fob for a third gen, or if you can do without the subscribtion?

The key fobs can be programed without a subscription. I have no way to test this though since second gen is programmed differently. Seems simple enough though.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=5

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #63
pic_az
pic_az is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Can it reprogram the keyfob for a 2006 Vue?

Joey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pic_az's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pic_az reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pic_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #64
Khaos4wood
Khaos4wood is on a distinguished road

Would it be possible to use this to swap to dohc without needing a new pcm?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Khaos4wood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Khaos4wood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Khaos4wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #65
cobra30689
cobra30689 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
MDI manager was the only one I couldn't get to launch, it would always crash before it would open. Glad to know it's doing something. And yeah, no instructions whatsoever, defiantly not user friendly. I'm running windows XP, it just has a theme set to make everything black.
It took me some time to figure this out.....this is by design. VXDIAG uses a modified .dll file in their driver set to fool MDI Manager into thinking the Nano is a legit MDI, and assign it a serial number (the one you see in the Tech2Win selection menu, or in GDS2). It essentially locks you out of MDI Manager....thus the crash. I needed to use the Nano as a simple passthru device, so I loaded JUST the J2534 drivers (not the whole software suite) on another laptop....and for the hell of it loaded MDI Manager. It opened just fine, just doesn't recognize the Nano. I have a dedicated laptop running Win7 Pro for Tech2Win and the GDS2 VM.....works great on both my Camaro and my girlfriends Sky Redline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cobra30689's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cobra30689 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cobra30689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #66
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
...Any of you guys know if you need a subscription to program a new RKE fob for a third gen, or if you can do without the subscribtion?

I'm late to this table with a new VCX NANO. After difficulty attempting to perform the self install program on two laptops, I spent time viewing the video several times then manually installing it on my old VAIO running an unauthorized WIN7 os. My VCX NANO cd came with a trojan virus tech support ignored when informed of installation problems. I used a link on their website to download the install program, checked for virus' before loading into my laptop. The self install didn't load perfectly on its own until I intervened,

Yes, you can program remotes without a subscription to GMs TISWEB. I did it after exploring the menus in VCX NANO until finding the section on programming remotes. I bought two remotes and programmed them along with my old remote. Two attempts from Home Depot failed to produce a spare key so I'm left with finding a local GM dealer to cut a new one. The two attempts from H/D were initially using the spare wallet key (never used) and then the old key. I figured the wallet key would be perfect but H/D failed to make a good key. If anyone knows a local GM dealer in the NYC area that won't gouge on key cutting, please let me know.

I bought VCX NANO to look for wrench codes that occasionally popped up. VCX NANO displayed history codes stored in ecm and bcm to verify past error codes related to hard shifts every now and then.

Last edited by fdryer; 11-13-2019 at 01:19 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:43 PM   #67
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

I've been considering getting a VCX NANO to have in the toolbox for both the Saturn in my Blazer. Mainly for the Blazer so that I can turn off the stupid automatic headlights lol

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:49 PM   #68
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

I've been meaning try and install the software on my new laptop with Windows 10. When I first bought it I wasn't sure if it works with newer Windows but apparently it does just fine. My new laptop also has a battery that can hold a charge for more than 10 minutes. So I could probably use it to log live data or other things my $20 OBD2 scanner can't

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #69
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Well I just pulled the trigger an ordered the VCX NANO Hopefully it'll do all I need it to and more!

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #70
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 for sure have a 32 bit compatibility built in. Windows 10 is questionable as it depends on which version you are running. If things try to open and crash there are logs to look at and that can prove informative.
XP and 7 are the safe bets to not be real difficult to start with.
I also have a VCXNANO VXDIAG. I was able to get it running on my HP laptop running windows 10 by, after left clicking on the file(s) I needed to open, going to Properties and clicking on that instead of Open. Than clicking on Compatibility. Most of the files were compatible with Windows 7 or 8 so that is how I had the computer run it.

I used it to enable the cruise control on a co-workers '98 SL that I had installed the hardware for weeks earlier.

Had a little trouble the 2nd time I tried to use it on my Vue. Batteries (VUE & LAPTOP) were going dead before I could figure out the correct selections from the pull-down menu's. Was getting green arrows between the car and MDI? but was being told it was not connected.

I installed the hardware for cruise control on my 2000 SL. Debating if I should pay AC Delco for subscription (how do they feel about clones) or pull a
bcm at the junk yard.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:00 PM   #71
TomM96
TomM96 will become famous soon enoughTomM96 will become famous soon enough

Questions refer to posts on pg-4.

Zeebins-
(1) was your XP machine 32 or 64 bit?
(2) the new Win10 … 64bit , or 32?
….........……...……

FDryer-
(1) the old win 7 Vaio, is that 32bit, or 64bit?
(2) and the 'two laptops' which software was unsuccessful, Win10 64??
>Thankyou for mentioning the free virus inclusions.<
………………………..

BruceRock-
(1) the HP laptop on Win10... is 64bit?

> Most of the files were compatible with Windows 7 or 8 so that is how I had the computer run it.
(2) the Win7/8 compatibility... 32, or 64-bit?

(3) If want to re-use a junkyard BCM, I think you need one with compatible options/model-year, And be willing to have your present car's odometer register the mileage of the donor car--- The BCM stores the vehicle mileage, and that cannot be changed {without maybe a 'firmware' re-burn}.
…...……...……………

]] reason I ask about the 32 vs 64 bit aspect of OpSystem… is that last summer(2018) the VXDIAG website specified that 32bit System was required for software/firmware(?) compatibility. Then last winter February 2019, they changed the spec to 64bit, I think.

--- tia, T m

Last edited by TomM96; 12-04-2019 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: fergat un

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TomM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:40 PM   #72
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

My Sony Vaio 32-bit laptop was Windows XP and updated to Win7. I use it as is. VXDiag states VXDiag VCX NANO is Windows XP compatible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 PM   #73
TomM96
TomM96 will become famous soon enoughTomM96 will become famous soon enough

Thanks.
Yes, they still suggest XP (good OS!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TomM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:46 PM   #74
Zeebins
Advanced Member

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM96 View Post
Questions refer to posts on pg-4.

Zeebins-
(1) was your XP machine 32 or 64 bit?
(2) the new Win10 … 64bit , or 32?
XP was 32bit, Win10 is 64.

Is there a website to download the software from? If they did update it to 64bit then my CD with the software will probably only work on 32Bit

Edit: Finally dug out the USB DVD drive from the basement. Will report back if it installs.

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles