SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
JosephN79
JosephN79 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default New Key Fob Programming

I lost my key fob a while back. Iím down to just my one key. I bought a new fob and blank key off amazon. I call around and itís $60 -$125 to get it done. Dealer says theyíd have to ďstart from scratchĒ since I donít have any programmed to it already.

Are there any self programming tools I can buy, or other options to get my remote programmed? Or will I just have to pay a dealer/shop?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JosephN79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JosephN79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JosephN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: New Key Fob Programming

GM will always have you pay the pied piper unless you call around for licensed locksmiths having the same scantool GM uses. GMs Tech II scantool does everything no off the shelf reader does since its propriety equipment and/or software that can perform many things like exercise the abs module for bleeding brake fluid or programming remote key fobs.

Saturn Auras and Outlooks may be the only models not requiring dealer programming of remotes where a diyer can do it with easy to follow procedures. All other Saturn models requires dealer or licensed locksmiths to plug in a Tech II scantool to program remotes.

Newer remotes eliminated having dealers program them as either instructions are included in owner's manuals, provided from service manuals or printed instructions from some sellers of remotes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

If you have an MDI interface device you can rent Tech2Win from ACDelco. Its the same software the dealer has access to. Its very nice.

https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

What year? If 2006 or older this may work, worked on 2 06's I've had:

Program Saturn Vue remotes (works on 2006)

Up to 4 remotes may be programmed.

All remotes should be programmed at the same time as existing codes will be erased.

1. Close doors.
2. Insert key, do not turn.
3. Press and hold door lock switch in the unlock position on the door).
4. Switch ignition on, off, on, off.
5. Release door lock switch.
6. Doors should lock and unlock one time to confirm programming mode. (This did not happen so just continue to step 7)
7. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the first remote transmitter for 15 seconds.
8. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm programming of the first remote transmitter.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for all remaining transmitters.
10. Switch ignition ON to exit programming mode. (Didnít do this, just pulled out the key)

If that doesn't work, any shop with a mid level scan tool can do it in 5 minutes. Before I got mine, I gave a $20 to the service advisor at a Chevy dealer I go to and she programmed a remote in the lane.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
JosephN79
JosephN79 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

ATI..itís a 2004

Iíll just have to pay it seems. Had a guy say like $60. So Iíll go there possibly.

Thanks. 😎

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JosephN79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JosephN79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JosephN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
tewin777
tewin777 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Have tried what ati said? My 2005 that worked to get my fob working again after a car battery replacement.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tewin777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tewin777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tewin777 is offline   Reply With Quote