SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Stlrams513
Stlrams513 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Love my Aura

Not in a sarcastic way either. Just got in a fender bender and it held up pretty well. I was going about 10-15 MPH. No interior damage. Except the spark plug fell out and it freaked me out. I got a couple codes like service traction and some other one, but right when I put the spark plug all the way in all the codes went away.

But the real reason for this post was to ask anyone if they had a front bumper for sale.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stlrams513's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stlrams513 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Stlrams513 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
MissBones
MissBones is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Love my Aura

I've been searching for a rear bumper myself...the best luck I've had with finding parts most of the time though, is to search salvage sites across the country. You could probably call the salvage yard and ask if they would sell you just that part, plus you can search for your color Aura instead of ending up having to get a primed bumper (if you can't find one anywhere else) and then having to get it painted. You may have better luck finding a front bumper because most of the totalled ones I've seen are rear end damage in my area...it's because I live to close to Mass

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MissBones's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MissBones reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MissBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrams513 View Post
Not in a sarcastic way either. Just got in a fender bender and it held up pretty well. I was going about 10-15 MPH. No interior damage. Except the spark plug fell out and it freaked me out. I got a couple codes like service traction and some other one, but right when I put the spark plug all the way in all the codes went away.
Am I the only one who's thinking: WTF?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBones View Post
You may have better luck finding a front bumper because most of the totalled ones I've seen are rear end damage in my area...it's because I live to close to Mass
What are you two smokin'?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
Stlrams513

2007 AURA XE

Wait what do you mean?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Stlrams513 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Not speakin' for him, but it's pretty obvious.
Why/how in the hell did a spark plug fall out?

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Stlrams513

2007 AURA XE

I had some repair work done under the hood at a dealership and I'm assuming they didn't put it all the way in which made it loose. That's the only thing I can think of. And the impact from the accident caused the spark plug to completely fall out. Which made it seem like I might have messed up something more than the bumper.
Oh and btw, got some estimates. $600.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car accident.jpg (20.1 KB, 10 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

If the spark plug wasn't properly tightened & found it's way out, you might have another problem. The threads in the engine could be stripped. you can lose compression that way.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrams513 View Post
I had some repair work done under the hood at a dealership and I'm assuming they didn't put it all the way in which made it loose. That's the only thing I can think of. And the impact from the accident caused the spark plug to completely fall out. Which made it seem like I might have messed up something more than the bumper.
Oh and btw, got some estimates. $600.
You have to admit, it's a pretty strange thing to have happen. Did it screw back in & tighten down?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #10
Stlrams513

2007 AURA XE

Right after I screwed it back in my car ran perfect again. They probably didn't screw it back in tight because they wanted me to come back in and have me pay for them to "fix it."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!