SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 10-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
saturny
saturny has a spectacular aura aboutsaturny has a spectacular aura about

Default Single wire clamped to fuel injector wires?

Does anybody know what the single wire connector on the driver side fuel injector wires is for?? I see a connector there but looks like the actual wire broke off... and I don't see a wire dangling around anywhere. I'm wondering if this is the cause of recent rough-running once the engine warms up... especially rough at idle in drive.
2000 Saturn SL1 (w/ DOHC) automatic - 286k
saturny is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Single wire clamped to fuel injector wires?

No codes set?

So, you have a harness connector, connected to something, but no wire to the harness connector? Post a picture of the connector and what it is on.

Yes, whenever you have something not connected as it is supposed to be, there is a good chance that is the cause of problems you have. This case may be a bit trickier, though, since you have a DOHC swapped into a SOHC car. The harness connections may not be as expected or as they were before swap.
billr is offline   Reply With Quote