SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 10-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
bhahbh
bhahbh is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
Default Temperature control is sloppy - how to resolve?

Not sure if this should go into the tech area or the general area, but here goes.

Daughter recently bought an 04 Vue, V6/2WD/Auto. Runs great, I've had to do a few things to it (struts/sway bar end links) and still need to do the scroll valve for the A/C to work optimally, but this one has me scratching my head just a bit.

Temperature control knob turns well, but, especially at the cold end of the range, you can feel the teeth between the knob and the control cable slipping. I've had the dash opened up, so I am familiar with how the cable clips to the back of the climate control 'module', and thought perhaps it was just not clipped in well from when the PO had the aftermarket stereo installed.

I ensured it is clipped in as well as can be, but it seems like it just has a bit too much clearance. Anyone dealt with this, has any ideas on how to resolve? I'd rather not have to try to get that blend door cable and replace it, but I guess if that's the only fix, she'll probably have to live with it like this for a while...

Or is it maybe the module on the bezel that has a problem?
bhahbh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links