SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 05-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default CD player power

Evening Saturn brain trust,
I have a question for you. About 6 months ago my CD player decided to not only stop working, but also not eject the CD's despite all my attempts... So, being the tinkerer that I am, I pulled the dash apart, pulled out the stereo, and disassembled it enough to get my CDs out... I then put it all back together, and of course, no CD player working, but the radio works fine. Now the , the CD player will suddenly start to cycle like it is trying to read a CD... For no reason. So, my question is, how do I kill the power strictly for the CD player... but not the rest of the stereo???

Thanks,
John
aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: CD player power

My guess is the CD unit was either in play mode when you removed the last cd or triggered on from something. Either micro switches or infrared is used to detect a CD and begin the mechanical sequence of loading the CD onto the turntable before the electronics takes over and reads tracks. My previous experience as a toaster repair kid would be auto loading single CD players as sophisticated toasters with a lot more electronics. Unfortunately, if you can't bang on the unit a few times to see if the player resets, your likely removing it again to either open the unit for exploratory surgery or replacing it. I'm guessing electronics switches from radio to cd player and back when a CD is inserted or ejected.

Google vehicle CD players and how to fix common problems. There may be online info too, from places like Ifixit.com.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote