SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
tssimond43
tssimond43 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.6L
Default 04 vue front end mushed changin out parts with a 03 vue parts car need guidance

forgive my ignorance i am new to forums and for last month here and there has done hours of searches tryin to find info on repairing my 2004 vue and havent found any clear directions to this point

so my wonderful other half went out with a looser she met on facebook that she knew in high school short story version they went out she to a bar, couldnt drive he volunteered without insurance hit guard rail ripped off front nose of my view as well as other minor ish damage, no the airbags didnt go off

first was wondering if any damage coulda been done to the abs since was riding the brakes sliding on the ice then slammed and slide along the guard rail, he did manage to drive it almost 2 miles to her ex's house to park it and go to hospital, and i drove it the 4 1/2 miles back to my dads vaca house and not sure if i was goin to fast or hit the brakes to quick and hard, but when at bottom of driveway the abs clukkered when i stepped on brakes where it now sits dead with no nose lookin stupid.

i stumbled on a 2003 vue parts car with a blown cvt tranny, it is stuck in drive, got it for a steal of 550 since he was annoyed and wanted it gone

just wonderin if i can get any kinda guidance as to changin nose parts and fender, i have a frame shop lookin to change the bumper reinforcement and check and pull frame if needed, and if most of the parts from the 2003 will work with my 2004 tween everythin from nose to bumper interior and exterior i has some issues with other things interior and would like to change out such as steering wheel

not sure if you can get to my pics i have pics in my picture area
tssimond43 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
underthehood
Master Member
underthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 04 vue front end mushed changin out parts with a 03 vue parts car need guidance

Replacing parts is pretty easy on Saturns. But, ever thought about divorce? Perhaps Italian style?
2006 Toyota Highlander (rare 4 cyl AWD)
2001 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD creampuff
Daughter got her own! 2005 Lexus ES330 Dream Ride
underthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 04 vue front end mushed changin out parts with a 03 vue parts car need guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssimond43 View Post

just wonderin if i can get any kinda guidance as to changin nose parts and fender, i have a frame shop lookin to change the bumper reinforcement and check and pull frame if needed, and if most of the parts from the 2003 will work with my 2004 tween everythin from nose to bumper interior and exterior i has some issues with other things interior and would like to change out such as steering wheel

not sure if you can get to my pics i have pics in my picture area
I recently replaced most of those same parts after youngest daughter drove her 07 Vue into another motorist.

I didn't have a donor vehicle - and try to avoid over-priced wrecking yard parts - so bought most needed items from RockAuto and eBay. They are usually less expensive than JY.

Most - if not all - the parts are held in place with minimum fasteners.

I'll email service manual extracts if you PM an email address.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
tssimond43
tssimond43 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: 04 vue front end mushed update

just a update i do have the front end ready to go got the front nose and the drivers fender, wasnt too bad to get them off the 2003 and the reinforcement bar and have it at the body shop currently for any frame issues, it is up and running drove it to body shop, kinda funny with condensor exposed with no nose, battery starts it at this point though advance said it tested bad, alt did test good, now just matter of gettin it back and puttin nose on and light and redoin wiring for sockets then be good to go, just will have to get the windshield done at some point, so far all is lookin up for it to be back on road within 2 weeks.
tssimond43 is offline   Reply With Quote