SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Chris&Lisa
Chris&Lisa is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
Dizzy Saturn Relay 05 possessed

Hello everyone,
I purchased a Saturn Relay 05 yesterday second hand. When I had the first look at it everything seemed fine, no problems at all. So I went ahead and bought it. When wanting to pick it up it didn't start - the seller said, lights were left on and the battery is just drained. Fair enough, jump started it, off we went. It turned off along the way, lights just went off and on. Today we changed the battery but it still kept happening. While driving it sounded as if the doors locked and unlocked constantly. Later in the evening the lights just turned on without the key being in the ignition. It is clearly possessed.

Could it have to do something with the aftermarket remote car starter? Anyone else experience this electrical problem?

Thanks,
Lisa

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chris&Lisa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chris&Lisa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chris&Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: Saturn Relay 05 possessed

Welcome to Saturnfans! You might have better luck posting in the model-specific forums (there are subforums for questions related to particular models)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

All of my SC2's electrical problems were the result of the previous owner installing things (aftermarket radio drained the battery overnight, LED tail/turn lights did not work, no heat because the owner forgot to reattach a cable, and high beams not working because of some odd splicing).

Undid all the previous owner's work, and everything works. So, yeah, my gut instinct would be to check into the aftermarket remote install.

Another thing to keep in mind, some of the Saturns had funky OEM security systems. Previous owner may have tampered with /bypassed something during the remote starter install. I can't speak to your model, but the S-series of Saturns had an OEM remote control for locking/unlocking doors and honking horn to confirm doors locked. Later models flashed lights instead, so that's another area I would check. Good luck!

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote