SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
chiefg
chiefg is on a distinguished road

Default Blown fuse! No heated seats, drivers window or sunroof.

Has anyone experienced this problem. I have a 10A fuse that keeps blowing and it prevents my driver side window and sunroof from opening/closing and my heated seats from operating. I took it to the Saturn dealer twice. They replaced the fuses and rerouted an electrical harnes (one that runs down the middle of the car to the trunk). Of course, it works while the car is at the dealer but once I drive off, the fuse blows again. I'm going back tomorrow for the third time in three days. Does anyone have any suggestions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chiefg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chiefg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chiefg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Kybuck
Kybuck will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: Blown fuse! No heated seats, drivers window or sunroof.

What is happening when the fuse blows? Are the heated seats on? Are you opening or closing the driver's window and/or sunroof? Or does it randomly blow when you are not using any of those things?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kybuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kybuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefg View Post
Has anyone experienced this problem. I have a 10A fuse that keeps blowing and it prevents my driver side window and sunroof from opening/closing and my heated seats from operating. I took it to the Saturn dealer twice. They replaced the fuses and rerouted an electrical harnes (one that runs down the middle of the car to the trunk). Of course, it works while the car is at the dealer but once I drive off, the fuse blows again. I'm going back tomorrow for the third time in three days. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I haven't had the problem but I have read several threads here and on other forums form people that have had fuses blow for no apparent reason.
The reasons were all the same, a loose fuse panel in the trunk. The panel moves and the backside of the panel comes in contact with a screw or something behind the panel.
Open the fuse door and grip the fuse panel. try to move it, it should be very secure.
I think there are two panels, one on each side of the trunk. Not sure which one handles the problem your having.

I hope this is a cause of your problem. There is a TBS on this for 2007 Auras, not sure about the 08's

Good luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
chiefg
chiefg is on a distinguished road

The last time I got my Aura back, I checked all items at the dealer. I drove home without touching anything and tried to check again but the fuse had blown again. I'll check the fuse panels when I get home from work today and hopefully that's the only problem. Do you know the TBS for this problem. I have a 2007 Aura XR.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chiefg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chiefg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chiefg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefg View Post
The last time I got my Aura back, I checked all items at the dealer. I drove home without touching anything and tried to check again but the fuse had blown again. I'll check the fuse panels when I get home from work today and hopefully that's the only problem. Do you know the TBS for this problem. I have a 2007 Aura XR.
I do not know the TSB # I just remember one post mentioned it. I checked my Fuse panel and they it was tight at the top but the bottom isn't attached, by design. I don't see how being loose could cause any problem, but that is what others found caused their fuse blowing problem.
If the manual tells you which fuse it is, replace it, turn the IG on, then give the fuse block a few shakes, pull it out at the bottom and let it snap back etc.
If that doesn't blow it, the problem is something else.

Good luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote