SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
n0n
n0n is on a distinguished road

Default Clunking Noise? (Control Arm problem?)

I've peered at the other clunking noises people have had, but I'm not sure if this is the same in my case.

Because this only happens sometimes, and I haven't found a way to re-create or force the "clunk", i'm just not sure.

On with the story.... Driving an Ion 3, 16" tires. So when I accerelate sometimes what will happen is this clunk, it happens sometimes in the middle of accerelation or when the car is shifting (automatic) from 1st to 2nd. It's hard to define the clunk it feels like i'm running over small bumps in the road, but the road surface is totally smooth. I have reason to believe it could be acorns and other tree debris on the road, coupled with the tires that kinda absorb all impact and releases it through the cabin. But dammit, I'm not sure, is there anywhere I should be looking at specifically under the car or what?

**I want to also add, this clunk, isn't like a transmission problem where the car is jolting, it just feels like a pop/bump/hiccup, and then it's over. And it's only from 1-20mph. It's audiable, I can hear it, sounds like it is right under me, but then again, what do i know?**

Thanks for the help, no other complaints about the ION. Actually I was pissed about the recall for the headlights, but when I went to get my oil changed, they said they already fixed the computer and headlight problem the last time I went. This was months before the letters were sent too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to n0n's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help n0n reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Closed Thread