|03-14-2004, 01:03 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Auburn, WA.
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
MMO Piston Soak
I have decided to due the MMO oil soak on my 95SC2 two days ago. In addition, I have also changed the plugs and install a regular K&N (metal) air filter.
I have not pour 12ozís into the gas tank yet, but I will. I monitor my mileage on a regular basis and will report my results in the next couple of weeks.
I burn about a quart to 1.5 quarts a month base upon the driving, that I must do with my job. I averaged between 1400 to 2000 miles a month.
The below text was found on this site by Wolfman, and NO, I do not hold him or anyone accountable if I do not obtain good results.
This DIY procedure is cheap and may help a Saturn with stuck oil control piston rings to use less oil by freeing them up. You'll need:
1. 12oz or 20oz bottle of "Marvel Mystery Oil" available at Walmart (among other places)
2. A spark plug socket, and old towel and AT LEAST 8 hours where you won't need to drive the car.
Does not ALWAYS work but here goes.
1. Remove spark plugs from "cold" engine
2. Pour 1~2 oz Marvel Mystery Oil into each spark plug hole
3. Allow to remain in overnight (at least 8 hours)
4. In the morning, cover the plug holes loosely with a towel and turn over the engine for 3~ 5 seconds with the plugs OUT to purge any remaining liquid MMO.
5. Replace plugs and drive normally after pouring remaining MMO(if you have any left) into gas tank full of gas
NOTE: The car maybe somewhat difficult to start initially after treatment and will SMOKE like a chimney for the first few minutes or so after it does start. This is normal and will cause no damage. Adding an additional 12oz bottle of MMO to the CRANKCASE (even if you have to slightly overfill it) about 400 miles prior to the next 2 oil changes can be beneficial as well.
Remembers if the women donít find you handsome, they should at least find you handyÖ.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|mmo piston soak||saturnsctwo||S-Series General||9||03-11-2006 06:31 PM|
|MMO Piston Soak||wolfman||How-To Library||91||11-08-2005 10:52 AM|
|what is a MMO Piston Soak||SaturnPower93||S-Series General||1||02-21-2005 10:37 PM|
|MMO Piston Soak...||93BLKTWINCAM||Miscellaneous Tech||1||02-20-2004 05:37 AM|
|MMO piston soak (and soak, and soak...)||David 93 SL2m||S-Series Tech||9||02-19-2003 11:51 AM|