SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
SlushWagon
SlushWagon is on a distinguished road

1994 SW2
Default TAAT or Speed sensor issue help

Hello everyone, I've been a long time fan of the site and finally joined now that I have a big problem lol. Last year I bought a 94 sw2. No major issues till about 2 months after my speedometer did a "dance" when on the highway around 60mph, jumping between 40-70 for a few seconds before settling back to 60. At this point it would do it at random about once every 2 weeks, also started to get a rare reverse gear slam.
Apart from it's odd dance it didn't effect drivability so I got used to it. Last week I parked my car on Friday and started it up Monday morning to get down the road and noticed the speedometer is out of wack completely, jumping wildly all over and my MP7 lost it's marbles too. No shifting at all or at random. I may have 1st-4th and then loose gears all the way into 2nd, full redlining it with no upshift on it's own or by gear slection. Car bucks like crazy if I'm even barely into the throttle and engine is down on power, feels like a sohc now.
Have been looking into what I need to do, I'm down to the valvebody-speed sensor-throttle position senor as areas of possibility. Any ideas on what I should get changed out first?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SlushWagon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SlushWagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SlushWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: TAAT or Speed sensor issue help

Welcome Slush. The Vehicle Speed Sensor and the Turbine Speed Sensor are the same part. You could try swapping them to see if anything changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAAT207.jpg (200.4 KB, 9 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #3
SlushWagon

1994 SW2

I'll surely give that a try some time this week, probably wensday since I have the whole day off and can really set time aside for it. Thanks for the welcome, can't wait to get this issue behind me lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SlushWagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
SlushWagon

1994 SW2

Turned out to be a combination of a bad battery and my speed sensor was covered in some nasties. Replaced the sensor and on cleaning off the connector I found the wires was burned and totally exposed about 5 inches up each line. Seems to of been resting on the transmission case. Replaced and she's running fine now

REWARD EXCELLENCE!