SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
kmulder57
kmulder57 is on a distinguished road

Question 06 vue ecotec

my dealer can't seem to fix my problem.my 2006 vue 5 speed mtm ecotec has this problem.when shifting,as I put the clutch in,the idle goes up,instead of down.any ideas? I work at a Chevy dealer,so I can get things fixed,if I just have an idea of what is wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kmulder57's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kmulder57 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kmulder57 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 06 vue ecotec

How much does it go up by?

If it just goes up by a little or stays more or less constant- that's normal. Welcome to the wonderful world of "throttle by wire". And I think there is actually some benefit to having the revs stay high between shifts.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

My ION did it too. Yep, one of the "benefits" of throttle by wire.

I simply got used to it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
James Gerber
James Gerber is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Has it always been like that since day one? or is it worse now?

Ie: when in park, and you push the clutch in to get it into drive (or reverse) does the RPM's go up? if so to what level?

Sometimes I wish mine had a bit more idle than it does after driving it.

When parked for a long time, and I start it up, I can get it into 1st gear without touching the gas pedal (even up a incline)... but after driving for for a bit, and I try to do that, it will chuggle and pretty much stall if no gas is applied via the pedal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to James Gerber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help James Gerber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
James Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post

If it just goes up by a little or stays more or less constant- that's normal. Welcome to the wonderful world of "throttle by wire". And I think there is actually some benefit to having the revs stay high between shifts.
I remember reading something about it being beneficial for the emissions control system, but I could be wrong. Definitely an effect of electronic throttle control.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
kmulder57

Dizzy Re: 06 vue ecotec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post

I let off the gas,push in the clutch,it spikes up 800-1000 rpm,then goes down.worst between 2-3,and 3-4th.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kmulder57 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
kmulder57

Dizzy Re: 06 vue ecotec

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Gerber View Post
Has it always been like that since day one? or is it worse now?

Ie: when in park, and you push the clutch in to get it into drive (or reverse) does the RPM's go up? if so to what level?

Sometimes I wish mine had a bit more idle than it does after driving it.

When parked for a long time, and I start it up, I can get it into 1st gear without touching the gas pedal (even up a incline)... but after driving for for a bit, and I try to do that, it will chuggle and pretty much stall if no gas is applied via the pedal.
no,this is only while i'm driving

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
pdough
Advanced Member
pdough will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

I've had a hard time getting used to it. But I now have to let off the gas almost a full second before pushing the clutch in to not have the effect you are seeing. It sucks in Jersey traffic because you damn near get rear-ended going from 1st to 2nd because you have to let off the gas for so long.

I want my wire back GM. I can live without cruise control and my emissions might be a little better if I weren't wasting so much fuel between shifts...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pdough's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pdough reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
SLAPSHOT
Advanced Member
SLAPSHOT is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Gerber View Post
James, you're not letting your motor warm up sufficiently after being "parked for a long time". I don't move my VUE until the RPM's are under 1K (usually takes about a minute after start-up). When the motor is cold, turning your key and immediately taking off is not healthy for your motor. Let that puppy warm up a bit and let the RPM's come down before you take off.

//SLAPSHOT//
05 VUE 2.2L 5 Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLAPSHOT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLAPSHOT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLAPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote