SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
dwszabo
dwszabo is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1997 SL2
Default SL2 Auto Trans Problem

Rebuild my auto trans in November has been working fine until last week when all of a sudden it will not go into 4th gear and the check engine light comes on. Checked the solenoids they check out OK. Could it be my valve body or possibly the PCM I am at a loss. Please help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dwszabo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dwszabo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dwszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: SL2 Auto Trans Problem

I geuss I don't have any direct help, but you oughta go to autozone or some parts store and get the code(s) read. Post back the actual code(s), not the interpertation of them.
In the meantime maby one of the other people here has an idea.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
dwszabo

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1997 SL2

I hooked up a code reader today and the following is what was displayed: P0113 IAT sensor 1 circuit, high input, P0734 gear 4 ratio incorrect. What do you make of this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dwszabo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2

You didn't by any chance put one of those $0.50 resistors that people sell as $35.00 performance chips on the IAT did you?

So far I haven't had to deal with valve body issues yet thank goodness. However, my reading on here says you can't do a definiive check on the transmission solenoids with an ohm meter. They're a mechanical part as well as electrical.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
dwszabo

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1997 SL2

No resistor here. Thanks for the imput.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
dwszabo

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1997 SL2

Help please

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Frank3
Frank3 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Wrench Re: SL2 Auto Trans Problem

I would check to see if the connector at the top of the transmission is in firmly and tightly. Make sure there are no broken or chafed wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frank3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frank3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote