SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Reset keyless remote?

So does anyone know how to reset one's keyless remote without having to go to a dealer to hook to computer to reset the BCM module?? Forgot to mention I have a '00 Saturn LS2. I did find another poster giving instruction how to reset the keyless remote but wasn't sure it would work for my vehicle type?

Last edited by Russet; 03-23-2011 at 08:55 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Reset keyless remote?

Reset/synch the remotes or reset the bcm? Synching the remote to the bcm consists of pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously until the door locks cycle to signal remote synching to the bcm, about 10 seconds.

Resetting the bcm; pull the bcm fuse for a minute. Not recommended unless absolutely necesary due to erratic alarm issues, lights turning on/off by them selves, horn blaring, etc..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Wouldn't removing BCM reset the mileage to 0?? I might have to since my interior lights don't seem to come one and not all my telltale lights are showing properly. I will try to hold the L/UnL buttons to see if I can get it to repsond but if that doesn't work what should I do? I did buy the new keyless remote since the person I bought the Saturn from didn't have it. I just want to make sure my mileage doesn't vanish when I do pull the BCM fues but that just doing that will just reset it not delete the mileage memory that resides in the BCM????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Reset/synch the remotes or reset the bcm? Synching the remote to the bcm consists of pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously until the door locks cycle to signal remote synching to the bcm, about 10 seconds.

Resetting the bcm; pull the bcm fuse for a minute. Not recommended unless absolutely necesary due to erratic alarm issues, lights turning on/off by them selves, horn blaring, etc..

Last edited by Russet; 03-24-2011 at 12:14 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Partymmudasti
Advanced Member
Partymmudasti is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russet View Post
Wouldn't removing BCM reset the mileage to 0?? I might have to since my interior lights don't seem to come one and not all my telltale lights are showing properly. I will try to hold the L/UnL buttons to see if I can get it to repsond but if that doesn't work what should I do? I did buy the new keyless remote since the person I bought the Saturn from didn't have it. I just want to make sure my mileage doesn't vanish when I do pull the BCM fues but that just doing that will just reset it not delete the mileage memory that resides in the BCM????
Resetting the BCM, by pulling the fuse will not program your new (unprogrammed) key fob.

The only thing that will register a new key fob to your car is a TECH 2 handheld.

Where do you live? I ask because a good friend of mine has his own TECH 2and programmed my key fob in exchange for a 12 pack If you are in Metro Detroit, maybe I can swing a deal for ya.....Otherwise its anywhere from $25-$100 at a dealer for the programming.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Partymmudasti's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Partymmudasti reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Partymmudasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Pulling the fuse/resetting the bcm will not reset mileage, period. If that were so then everyone would be selling theirs for really good profits; "I got a very low mileage one for ya', driven by a little ol' lady from Pasadena....". Mileage cannot be changed. Reset the bcm all you want. It won't help your situation.

When you buy a remote (as mentioned above) this remote has to programmed by GM with their Tech II equipment. The ones that came with the car were already programmed. The Lock/Unlock procedure only works for remotes already synched previously to the bcm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I kinda figure that was the case I will take it in to get reprogrammed thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Pulling the fuse/resetting the bcm will not reset mileage, period. If that were so then everyone would be selling theirs for really good profits; "I got a very low mileage one for ya', driven by a little ol' lady from Pasadena....". Mileage cannot be changed. Reset the bcm all you want. It won't help your situation.

When you buy a remote (as mentioned above) this remote has to programmed by GM with their Tech II equipment. The ones that came with the car were already programmed. The Lock/Unlock procedure only works for remotes already synched previously to the bcm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Russet

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I live in western wisconsin so it is kinda far to have you come over so I will just have to fork the money and go to the shop and have the reprogram the keyfob again. But first I need to get another one so I won't have to spend money twice for just getting the keyless remote synced to the saturn. I will have to turn down the your offer currently but thanks for asking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymmudasti View Post
Resetting the BCM, by pulling the fuse will not program your new (unprogrammed) key fob.

The only thing that will register a new key fob to your car is a TECH 2 handheld.

Where do you live? I ask because a good friend of mine has his own TECH 2and programmed my key fob in exchange for a 12 pack If you are in Metro Detroit, maybe I can swing a deal for ya.....Otherwise its anywhere from $25-$100 at a dealer for the programming.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
thyrsus
thyrsus is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2002 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymmudasti View Post

Does it have to be a TECH 2 or can any device capable of sending comands to the computer do the job? And if it can, what is the command code you need to send?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thyrsus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thyrsus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thyrsus is offline   Reply With Quote