SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default edit icon?

where's the edit icon our your posts here? mine seemed to dissapear. i wanted to edit some posts of mine but i can't see it now, is anyone else having this problem? that's strange it re-appeared on this post but on my older posts it doesn't show...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default Re: edit icon?

ok now my edit icon dissapeared from the original post in this thread but this reply shows it...for now that is?????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Thank the board for that one. There's a 15 minute edit threshold. When the 15 minutes are over, the edit button disappears and you cannot edit your post (even if you somehow get the post number of the post you want to edit then input the address of the edit command into the URL bar.)

example: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/edi...post&p=1433299 -- click this link and it'll tell you that you cannot edit that post anymore.

IMHO it shouldn't disappear, but whatever.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
Thank the board for that one. There's a 15 minute edit threshold. When the 15 minutes are over, the edit button disappears and you cannot edit your post (even if you somehow get the post number of the post you want to edit then input the address of the edit command into the URL bar.)

example: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/edi...post&p=1433299 -- click this link and it'll tell you that you cannot edit that post anymore.

IMHO it shouldn't disappear, but whatever.
well that's what's happening then, the icon dissapears after 15 minutes. is this something new? i was always able to edit my posts whenever.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: edit icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsctwo View Post
well that's what's happening then, the icon dissapears after 15 minutes. is this something new? i was always able to edit my posts whenever.
Hi,
I've had the 15 minute editing limit for a few years now. I ran into problems in the past where someone would create a new thread, and after a series of replies, the original poster would edit their original post -- sometimes changing the fundamental meaning of the topic. This caused a lot of confusion for people coming in a later who tried to make sense of the thread when reading it from beginning to end. I used to get tons of email from folks about threads that made no sense. Instead, now I encourage folks to either post a follow-up as a reply in their thread, or send me an email and I'll make the change for them.

Hope this helps explain things.

Thanks,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
1994Saturn
1994Saturn will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2
1994 SL1
Happy Re: edit icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Hi,
I've had the 15 minute editing limit for a few years now. I ran into problems in the past where someone would create a new thread, and after a series of replies, the original poster would edit their original post -- sometimes changing the fundamental meaning of the topic. This caused a lot of confusion for people coming in a later who tried to make sense of the thread when reading it from beginning to end. I used to get tons of email from folks about threads that made no sense. Instead, now I encourage folks to either post a follow-up as a reply in their thread, or send me an email and I'll make the change for them.

Hope this helps explain things.

Thanks,
Charlie

IMHo i think that is the BEST way to run it. On other forums i'm on, you can edit you post any time.... Hate it for all the reasons Charlie listed.

Current:
1998 SL2 Auto issues 112K
1995 Eagle Vision 3.5L TSI 117K
Past:
98 SL1 254k miles Valves Burnt.
94 SL2 125K miles Diff Pin Blew!
94 SL1 Sold @134K.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1994Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1994Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1994Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote