SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
BluePele
BluePele is on a distinguished road

Default 2003 Saturn Ion Heater/AC fan not working

My 2003 saturn ion heater or AC is not working. It was working one second--we turned it off and when we went to turn it back on it was gone. The button (snowflake) for the AC will not light up and there is absolutely no pushed air in heating or AC on any level of the dial.

(NOT SURE IF THIS IS RELATED)Very soon after this the back-light went out in a very small area (near the dial that control which direction the air should be blowing) but I flicked it pretty hard and now it's great.

I do not want to mess around with this as I no next to nothing about cars and most likely will have to take it to a mechanic but being a women I am afraid I will get ripped off. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated? What is the problem? Is it an easy fix? Expensive? Should I take it to the dealer?

Please help. Feel free to email me directly Banks68@insightbb.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BluePele's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BluePele reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BluePele is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
BluePele

Default Re: 2003 Saturn Ion Heater/AC fan not working

If anyone has an answer... please reply

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BluePele reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Have you checked for a blown fuse? There are several places where the fuses are located now; in the engine compartment, driver's left footwell and passenger right footwell.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
DarkOnyx
DarkOnyx is on a distinguished road

That sounds likely... it's clearly an electrical problem of some kind.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DarkOnyx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DarkOnyx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DarkOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
BluePele

We looked at the fuses and everything seemed to look ok. Of course I am not car saavy but I what exactly would a blown fuse look like?

If it is an electrical problem, does that get expensive? I went ahead and took up to Saturn a bit ago and they charge $75 just for a diagnostics.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Here's a very good link (Google search) for basic information about car fuses; http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN. Use the right/left arrow keys to scroll through the pages. If you're not familiar with these fuses, it can be tricky to find a blown one unless you're more informed. Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #7
BluePele

Hello again! Thanks so everyone who replied. It turns out it was the AC Control Head and it's now fixed at the nice cost of $348.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!